Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 11:16 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,945,890 times

Advertisements

This is really rich. Tea Party types complaining that they can't draw caricatures of Obama or bring loaded firearms to his press conferences without appearing racist. They want to spout racist rhetoric and do inflammatory things in the name of partisan opposition but don't want the dreaded 'R' word coloring their campaign. Sorry. Can't have one's cake and eat it too. Racist is as racist does. Own it. People will respect the Tea Party more if they have the guts to say "We don't like Obama because he is a black man! Period!". It already is what many believe so I suggest you all embrace your inner white supremacist and go for it. OTOH, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Despite what many think, an America run like the Tea Party eliminate taxes, cut wasteful spending, arm America to the teeth and takeover the free world revolutionists, will completely collapse America's fragile hold on credibility. That's not a good thing.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 11:31 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,567 times
This is getting old and tired. It's not about disagreeing with his policies, it's about getting upset over things like him putting his feet on his desk (like other presidents have done), it's about getting upset over policies that were in existence long before he took office or suddenly taking an interest in politics when you trusted Bush and felt that he had your best interests at heart. It's about distorting the truth, sayinng he's a Muslim when he's not, calling him Hussein, getting all upset over the FDA not allowing as much salt in prepared food, getting angry about the FLOTUS's report on childhood obesity (WTF?) whining about paying taxes when you know good and damn well you pay less taxes than you did last year, claiming that you distrust the government and claiming to believe that there was a vast conspiracy to put an illegal alien in office when they were trustworthy two years ago. Oh and then when the birth certificate was made public, it still wasn't good enough. When the president responds to the liars and disproves their claims, they ignore it and say that he hasn't responded. Then the fact that the same people called anyone anti-American who disagreed with Bush refuse to acknowledge President Obama as their president...yes your racist slips are showing and we can see them.

When you have something substantive to discuss, no one will call you a racist. No one has called everyone who disagrees with the president's policies racist, it's the above crowd that has full of **** and think they are clever enough to fool people into believing they have a reason for being upset other than the president's skin color.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:03 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,235,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
This is really rich. Tea Party types complaining that they can't draw caricatures of Obama or bring loaded firearms to his press conferences without appearing racist. They want to spout racist rhetoric and do inflammatory things in the name of partisan opposition but don't want the dreaded 'R' word coloring their campaign. Sorry. Can't have one's cake and eat it too. Racist is as racist does. Own it. People will respect the Tea Party more if they have the guts to say "We don't like Obama because he is a black man! Period!". It already is what many believe so I suggest you all embrace your inner white supremacist and go for it. OTOH, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Despite what many think, an America run like the Tea Party eliminate taxes, cut wasteful spending, arm America to the teeth and takeover the free world revolutionists, will completely collapse America's fragile hold on credibility. That's not a good thing.

H
The core values of the tea party are what need to be discussed. the left can not do that and goes to name calling.
here is the tea party mission statement and core values.

Mission Statement
The impetuses for the Tea Party movement are excessive government spending and taxation. Our mission is to attract, educate, organize, and mobilize our fellow citizens to secure public policy consistent with our three core values of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.

Core Values

[LEFT]• Fiscal Responsibility
• Constitutionally Limited Government
• Free Markets[/LEFT]

core values

The tea party does not call for the elimination of taxes so your are wrong.
the tea party does not call for it members to bring loaded guns so you are wrong and expressing left wing nonsense.
I presume you think its ok to have wasteful spending.
You liket wasteful spending high taxes and a goverment controlled economy, then discuss that with the tea party.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:13 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,084,772 times
Quote:

H

So all the black tea party followers are supposed to embrace their inner white supremacy???? Wow.. if you even would actually learn about the tea party, maybe just maybe, you wouldnt come off sounding like a complete fool... but who knows?

Old 05-21-2010, 03:30 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,478,261 times
Quote:
I don't hear many criminals blaming racism for their troubles. They are too busy with more important things like staying alive. The voices you hear decrying racism are voices like mine. People who have stayed in school, put in the time but time and time again are passed up for promotion (if we even have a job to be promoted in) etc. "Poor life decisions" is a "get out" for white people to explain why more than half of the 2.2 million people in prison are black, despite the fact that black people are ~11% of the population. Why are Hispanics jailed much less than blacks? Because they have work! It might be exploitation of the worst kind, but it is paid work! Do you ever hear of a black person that is working take time off to sell drugs or keep their mugging skills sharp? Even the laziest math student can also see that something is skewed when, as crime rates plummet all across the country, the incarceration rates for all races except blacks has plateaued. Still, you won't ever hear them complaining. Mostly they live their lives believing no one cares. Mostly they are correct.

H
What are you talking about? Blacks being placed in jail probably has to do with a greater propensity to be criminal. Look at the welfare statistics. Look at the unwed mother statistics. Look at the drop out rates for blacks. Basically almost every indicator that is shown to increase propensity towards criminal behaviour is high in the black population.

Look at the black communities lack of attentiveness to the stuation, where have the sat and said "we have a problem that we need to fix ourselves". Instead we've seen time and time again the excuses (yes, excuses) for criminal behaviour. One report showed black jurors excuses a crack dealer because "that is the way it is in the ghetto".

Old 05-21-2010, 06:09 PM

86 posts, read 119,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Real world war story.

I was talking with a young woman (white) (A), that woman was talking to me but looking at another young woman (B) who was/is of mixed race. During the course of our conversation woman A referred to woman B as an "Oreo". Should the comment be ignored?

You can take the head buried in the sand approach to the world around you I will not.

Being ignorant isn't the same as being racist. Lady A probably thought she was being hip and using the latest lingo. In lady A's place I would have said "mixed race". But to be completely honest I'm not sure that term is correct, so I would have avoided the conversation for fear that I would inadvertently offend. And then no dialogue would have been exchanged. I wouldn't have learned anything from you. You would have learn anything from me. And my discomfort around black Americans would continue to increase. Heck, just reading this post where you assume Lady A is a racist because she doesn't know the latest lingo makes me more uncomfortable already.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,962,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
What are you talking about? Blacks being placed in jail probably has to do with a greater propensity to be criminal. Look at the welfare statistics. Look at the unwed mother statistics. Look at the drop out rates for blacks. Basically almost every indicator that is shown to increase propensity towards criminal behaviour is high in the black population.

Look at the black communities lack of attentiveness to the stuation, where have the sat and said "we have a problem that we need to fix ourselves". Instead we've seen time and time again the excuses (yes, excuses) for criminal behaviour. One report showed black jurors excuses a crack dealer because "that is the way it is in the ghetto".
So, you attempting say that a person is more likely to be a criminal or lazy because of the color of their skin? Wow! Amazing how some are so willing to show their utter ignorance and racist thinking here for all to see without any shame at all.
Casper

Old 05-21-2010, 09:08 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,478,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So, you attempting say that a person is more likely to be a criminal or lazy because of the color of their skin? Wow! Amazing how some are so willing to show their utter ignorance and racist thinking here for all to see without any shame at all.
Casper
What are you babbling about? I said, if you cared to read instead of just insinuate, that known indicators for criminal propensity are all highly evident in the black population in the US. If your skipping those FACTS, then your part of the problem instead of part of the solution. Sweeping things under the rug doesn't make anything better.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:25 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,084,772 times
Quote:
What are you babbling about? I said, if you cared to read instead of just insinuate, that known indicators for criminal propensity are all highly evident in the black population in the US. If your skipping those FACTS, then your part of the problem instead of part of the solution. Sweeping things under the rug doesn't make anything better.
To assume it is the color of the skin that is the problem is part of the problem. Looking into and finding out the cause is part of the solution. Is there criminal propensity in many heavily black populated areas? Yes, especially when those areas are low income areas.

To just say Black people are more prone to this or that, is sweeping the real problems under the rug, because one is just figuring well, it is because they are black. They are not asking the real questions, which is why? Why in these type of areas are black people having higher crime rates, why in these areas are black people having so many unwed teen mothers etc....

It is in the question of WHY, that one will start to find solutions.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:06 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,962,984 times
Quote:
So, you have no idea what I am talking about? No shock there. Your "ideas" are all based on the person being black, but totally ignores the fact that the black people you refer to are those that come from poor areas and crime is a naturally higher in such areas due to the economic situation. When it comes to the higher numbers in prison this is due to two main reasons; the first is that the poor are driven to crime at a higher rate and the second is due to the fact that those without money do not have the money to pay for a good lawyer that can get them a lesser sentence, probation or even aquited which happens less often with those with a good lawyer. You entire post was pointing to one "fact" to explain your "idea" and that is blacks are somehow born with some sort of gene that makes them more likely to be a criminal or lazy but fail to supply any viable source to prove it. The reason you did not supply any science to back up your claim is because there is none, statistics are not proof of your "FACTS" they are only indicators that poor people are pushed to commit crimes at a higher rate than those that are not poor in live in more afluent areas. Dance around the core meaning of your post all you wish, you are not fooling anyone.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies