Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 04:51 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The difference.... We have the 2nd amendment.

This is a perfect example of how without the 2nd amendment, only criminals would have guns.

If what happens in Mexico, where a gang swarms a house and kills all inside, happened in my neighborhood, that gang would never make it off the street, without being shot dead.
Gotta love Texas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 04:53 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
bunch o weenies ! parasite "leaders" all over the place....

Old 05-20-2010, 04:54 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Maybe so, but only Democrats are openly for illegal immigration.
Republicans don't seem to support amnesty at all.
Excuse me but weren't RR and Bush Repubs, and didn't one grant amnesty and the other tried to? Might want to rethink the blanket statement.
Casper

Old 05-20-2010, 05:01 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Calderon isn't allowed to have an opinion, and to express it?

Since when? You are free to disagree with him, but to say he cannot express his opinion is downright un-American.
He shouldn't say it. Obama wouldn't go over there, or Iran, or N. Korea and lecture them on what a crap job they are doing. Nope, cause he'd be shot. Only in America, can a forgien leader come over here and bash us, and these (liberals) people applaud them for it. Just goes to show the lib's weakness. Sure, he has a right to voice his opinon, but he should add that he is a hypocrite, and not say it on our soil. If he doesn't like it, then he shouldn't come here.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:09 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Excuse me but weren't RR and Bush Repubs, and didn't one grant amnesty and the other tried to? Might want to rethink the blanket statement.
Casper
Yes. I'm aware of that. I was talking about the current situation.
As far as I know all two or three Repubs who were for amnesty have pulled out their votes.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:09 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Casper

It was only 2 million people, not 13 million people and the promise from the dems in congress was that we would secure the border and that did not happen so don't blame Reagan entirely.

If Mexico would provide me with the same benifits and protections that this country gives illegals, I would move there tomorrow. I love their beaches.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
It has, or rather the Left side of the country.

Imagine that, the dem congress ALLOWED a foreign leader to come to the capitol to criticize a US state and it's laws - laws that mirror federal law and that are way, way, way more lenient than Mexico's own immigration laws. And the US president joins in on the criticism. Unprecedented.

Charles, as usual, says it best.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Krauthammer: Obama Refuses To "Stand Up For His Own Country"

Old 05-20-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Yes. I'm aware of that. I was talking about the current situation.
As far as I know all two or three Repubs who were for amnesty have pulled out their votes.
Good, let's hope there are not enough votes from the demos if the President tries amnesty, I doubt there is any concern. I am open to reforms though.
Casper

Old 05-20-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
It was only 2 million people, not 13 million people and the promise from the dems in congress was that we would secure the border and that did not happen so don't blame Reagan entirely. I don't. I blame them all for letting the situation go as far as it has.

If Mexico would provide me with the same benifits and protections that this country gives illegals, I would move there tomorrow. I love their beaches. Another thing to reform. I will pass at the moment, maybe after the shootings and kidnappings stop I will re-consider, yes I let them also.
Casper

Old 05-20-2010, 06:15 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Good, let's hope there are not enough votes from the demos if the President tries amnesty, I doubt there is any concern. I am open to reforms though.
Casper

Sure, an immigration reform is long overdue.
I'm against mass deportation and aginst a straight path to citizenship.
I'm for a temporary worker status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies