Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times

Advertisements

Millions and millions of new voters coming on line in the next 20 years as the old white voters die off. And the new voters will remember who their friends are and who their enemies are. Can you say MORE BLUE STATES to come?

Minorities accounted for almost 49% of U.S. births in the year ending July 1, 2009, a record high, according to data released Thursday. They make up more than half the population in 317 counties

Minority births drive growth in U.S. diversity - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 09:52 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Why do liberals always grasp at straws? Face it, your precious Democratic Party is destroying the nation in worse ways than the Republican one. I see the Democratic Party turning into the UK's Labour Party and then the people will realize just who really is bamboozling who.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:55 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times
Not sure why this would be bad news for the Republicans... It just means more minorities to finally see that they need to leave the racism of the Dems and come home to the party that looks at them as no different than anyone else.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:59 AM

39 posts, read 25,638 times
What is this forum?

There is the sterotype about Democrats whining but I think nowadays that belongs to the Republicans now. You guys have switch with the bitching and how bad the president was. Both Obama and Bush are horrible. Especally Bush who made lot of this mess and Obama doing it more.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:00 AM

Kev I forgot to tell you, my people, aka the Hispanics, the vast majority of us are socially conservative, so I wonder if you're gonna change your tune once Hispanics realize that either

a) They realize the Republicans represent their social and family values
b) If they don't realize a), then they will de-liberalize the Democratic Party.

Oh and, I forgot to mention: most minorities do not vote, and are not active in civics. If you studied politics, you will learn that people who are:

1) White
2) Middle class and up
3) educated

Are more likely to vote than those who do not fit 1, 2, and 3. Minorities are most of the time, non-white, working-class or poor, and uneducated.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:01 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,981 times
The Republican and Democratic parties of today do not resemble the same parties of 20 years ago.

Things will be different 20 years in the future. Too early to tell who might benefit from all those new voters.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:02 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Why assume they will be dems
Self determined people of all races with an ounce of sense can see the damage being done by liberal tax and spend policies the world over.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Millions and millions of new voters coming on line in the next 20 years as the old white voters die off. And the new voters will remember who their friends are and who their enemies are. Can you say MORE BLUE STATES to come?

Minorities accounted for almost 49% of U.S. births in the year ending July 1, 2009, a record high, according to data released Thursday. They make up more than half the population in 317 counties

Minority births drive growth in U.S. diversity - USATODAY.com
Why is that a problem? More conservative minorities just need to be encouraged to run. They are out there, you know, running businesses, for example. For one group, it's just that the black victimologists who tend to grab the public microphone (Sharpton, Jackson) don't bother to mention them to the masses because if black people are successful, they don't need the Sharptons and Jacksons who profit by keeping them victims.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Why is that a problem? More conservative minorities just need to be encouraged to run. They are out there, you know, running businesses, for example. For one group, it's just that the black victimologists who tend to grab the public microphone (Sharpton, Jackson) don't bother to mention them to the masses because if black people are successful, they don't need the Sharptons and Jacksons who profit by keeping them victims.
Don't forget the NAACP and the Southern Poverty Law Center who benefit from keeping minorities down to the floor. Who're the racists now?

Old 06-12-2010, 10:06 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Kev I forgot to tell you, my people, aka the Hispanics, the vast majority of us are socially conservative, so I wonder if you're gonna change your tune once Hispanics realie that either

a) They realize the Republicans represent their social and family values
b) If they don't realize a), then they will de-liberalize the Democratic Party.

Oh and, I forgot to mention: most minorities do not vote, and are not active in civics.
Some Hispanics might be but the vast majority of them will be Democrats. They are the ones that made California a reliably blue state. At one time maybe they did not vote but now they are waking up and smelling the coffee as the Republican bashing of them is a threat. It took Pete Wilson to wake them up in California when he tried to kick the Mexican children out of public schools. Not many people put social values over their economic well being- especially when you threaten their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies