Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:49 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
And isn't this clown the left has whined about obama's orders to kill? Better kill him quick, rather than having another nidal hassan accomplished at Fort Hood, TX, back in November. Religion of peace, yeah, right on, bro.

Cleric Urges Muslim GIs to Kill Comrades
Welcome to C-D.

Now that you've called likes of sanrene a left winger... I have come to one conclusion. The right wingers like to speak from all possible holes at all times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 12:53 PM

214 posts, read 120,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
He is US born and educated. That might be why some refer to him as a traitor. Do we have a right to assassinate him? I don't see why not he is a terrorist after all.
I agree that this guys days should be numbered, but why aren't we taking this stance with KSM? Why does KSM who is NOT a US citizen get a trial and the US citizen doesn't? That right there is the entire problem with this mess. Why doesn't the CIA just kill everyone in Gitmo? At least the ones they know are guilty?

Old 05-24-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditTheFed View Post
I agree that this guys days should be numbered,...
And in another thread (bashing Obama for approving capture or kill on Awlaki)... this is you.

Like I said, don't speak from all possible holes. They make different sounds. Now, which do you really prefer?

Old 05-24-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And in another thread (bashing Obama for approving capture or kill on Awlaki)... this is you.

Like I said, don't speak from all possible holes. They make different sounds. Now, which do you really prefer?
You obviously stopped reading my post after that sentence. Like I said to you in another thread, you really need to drop the Einstein part of your moniker. If you have so much to say about this topic, then answer my question. Why does KSM and other GUILTY terrorists at Gitmo get a trial and the US citizen doesn't? I feel really bad for you if you don't see the conflict here. There needs to be consistency, if you want trials, they ALL get them, if you want to assassinate people, they ALL get that too.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
You obviously stopped reading my post after that sentence. Like I said to you in another thread, you really need to drop the Einstein part of your moniker...
No, I didn't. But it wasn't necessary to bring home the point about you speaking from more than one hole. The sounds coming out are not in sync. Worry about that, before someone else's user name.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
No, I didn't. But it wasn't necessary to bring home the point about you speaking from more than one hole. The sounds coming out are not in sync. Worry about that, before someone else's user name.
I see you like to argue just to argue.... So answer the question. Why not assasinate ALL terrorists instead of giving them a trial like they are doing with KSM?

Old 05-24-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I see you like to argue just to argue.... So answer the question. Why not assasinate ALL terrorists instead of giving them a trial like they are doing with KSM?
But I can't figure out whether you're for or against the approval by Obama, that allows CIA to capture or kill Awlaki. I would like to see your point on view on the subject in this thread.

Terrorists do get killed, or captured. But, earlier in the thread, you seem to condone killing of captured terrorists. Should I assume, that it should be done without trial?

Old 05-24-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
But I can't figure out whether you're for or against the approval by Obama, that allows CIA to capture or kill Awlaki. I would like to see your point on view on the subject in this thread.

Terrorists do get killed, or captured. But, earlier in the thread, you seem to condone killing of captured terrorists. Should I assume, that it should be done without trial?
ok, now you are opening dialogue. I really don't like the idea of slapping a terrorist label on someone and then just go kill them. That can be severely abused because there is no solid definition as to what constitutes terrorism or being a terrorist. If that was solidly defined so it couldn't be abused so easily, I might have a more supporting position. I would also like to see consistency. If one makes the hit list, they ALL should and there should be no trials for KSM or any other terrorist that has already been labeled that. It is just plain out scary that the US citizen gets the green light for assassination, but the foreigners that were caught on a battlefield get a trial. The whole premise is upside down. I fully support taking care of these guys whatever way works, but it HAS to be consistent and properly defined so it can't be abused so easily. My stance on this is that anyone, even you, me or anyone else on this forum could make that list for any reason the government deems necessary because it is so loosely defined. Let's say that you donate some money to a political organization only to find out later that some administration that we have in decides to put that organization on the terror list. You may now be detained indefinitely without trial because you supposedly donated money to a terrorist organization or worse yet, get killed.

BTW, Sorry for not posting in the other thread like you had suggested, I just kept typing away.....

Old 05-24-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
ok, now you are opening dialogue. I really don't like the idea of slapping a terrorist label on someone and then just go kill them. That can be severely abused because there is no solid definition as to what constitutes terrorism or being a terrorist. If that was solidly defined so it couldn't be abused so easily, I might have a more supporting position. I would also like to see consistency. If one makes the hit list, they ALL should and there should be no trials for KSM or any other terrorist that has already been labeled that.
To hold a dialogue, I expect coherence and consistency of thought. You don't seem to mind "labeling" while opposing it at the same time. Would you please take a stance first?

Quote:
It is just plain out scary that the US citizen gets the green light for assassination, but the foreigners that were caught on a battlefield get a trial.
So, you're actually for something that you were against a while ago, and now you're back to being...

Let me get this as well... are you saying that Awlaki, being a US citizen should not be subjected to the same standards as any non-citizen in the same position? Are you saying that US military and government should work to save his life and capture him alive, no matter how impossible that might be? And that they should hold fire if there is no other way to capture him? That, if they can't capture him, but situation threatens his life, he should be allowed to escape?

Direct answers to these few questions will lead us to debate. Looking forward to them.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
To hold a dialogue, I expect coherence and consistency of thought. You don't seem to mind "labeling" while opposing it at the same time. Would you please take a stance first?

So, you're actually for something that you were against a while ago, and now you're back to being...

Let me get this as well... are you saying that Awlaki, being a US citizen should not be subjected to the same standards as any non-citizen in the same position? Are you saying that US military and government should work to save his life and capture him alive, no matter how impossible that might be? And that they should hold fire if there is no other way to capture him? That, if they can't capture him, but situation threatens his life, he should be allowed to escape?

Direct answers to these few questions will lead us to debate. Looking forward to them.
I don't know why you are having trouble with this. THERE IS NO CONSISTENCY IN WHAT THE WH IS DOING! What more do you want me to say? If you can answer the question as to why KSM gets a trial and the other gets a bullet, please tell. It's ALL about consistency and nothing more.
I am NOT saying we should save his life at all costs, if he wants to go down in a blaze of glory, so be it.
The biggest thing that bothers me is that "Terrorist" or "Terrorism" isn't defined clearly under this administration. Remember when they said that returning vets, Libertarians and Constitutionalists are to be watched because they might become terrorists? Please accurately define terrorist, because if they can just slap that label on people when not a single one did anything yet is pretty damn scary to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies