Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times

Advertisements

Although I am pretty hostile to most any organized religions including the useless "Christian" churches and child chasing Catholic churches, the one religion that is the most barbaric in terms of its philosophy of mass bloodshed, oppression and killing is the religion of Islam.
It has become clear to me that this religion and its followers are blood thirsty jackals for the most part. And today when I heard that the killer at Ft Hood was a Muslim who had praised suicide bombers in the past, I said "no surprise there".
The Christian nutcases are a mere nuisance when compared to the Muslim nutcases. The Catholics might molest children but it takes real lust for blood to strap a bomb on a kid and send him to his death - which a Muslim can justify if he can kill a few Jews while blowing himself up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 09:34 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,023 times
you can't generalize a religion based on its most extreme members.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
I would agree except for the strange silence I hear from Muslims when a Muslim blows up a building or a school bus full of kids.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Although I am pretty hostile to most any organized religions including the useless "Christian" churches and child chasing Catholic churches, the one religion that is the most barbaric in terms of its philosophy of mass bloodshed, oppression and killing is the religion of Islam.
It has become clear to me that this religion and its followers are blood thirsty jackals for the most part. And today when I heard that the killer at Ft Hood was a Muslim who had praised suicide bombers in the past, I said "no surprise there".
The Christian nutcases are a mere nuisance when compared to the Muslim nutcases. The Catholics might molest children but it takes real lust for blood to strap a bomb on a kid and send him to his death - which a Muslim can justify if he can kill a few Jews while blowing himself up.

If you were in need, you might find those Christians far more useful.

In 2000, by 25 percentage points, the religious people were more likely to give than secularists, the 27% of Americans who attend less than a few times per year, or have no religion. Religious people gave nearly four times more dollars per year, on average, than secularists.

Articles & Commentary

Women are more generous than men, studies have shown. Older people give more than younger donors with equal incomes. The working poor, disproportionate numbers of which are recent immigrants, are America's most generous group, according to Arthur Brooks, the author of the book "Who Really Cares," an analysis of U.S. generosity.

Faith probably matters most, Brooks — who's the president of the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative Washington policy-research organization — said in an interview. That's partly because above-average numbers of poor people go to church, and church attenders give more money than non-attenders to secular and religious charities, Brooks found.

America's poor are its most generous givers | McClatchy

Old 11-05-2009, 10:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
I would agree except for the strange silence I hear from Muslims when a Muslim blows up a building or a school bus full of kids.
I agree with this statement. In Iraq, it was commonplace to have rocks thrown at us by kids as we passed through, but always in the back of your mind was the possibility that some whack had loaded up his nephew with a bookbag full of explosives and sent him on a mission. The radical Muslims know no boundaries. We must never forget that.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:12 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,183,104 times
There is undoubtedly a spasm of militancy going through the ranks of Islam that is seducing its more socially and intellectually vulnerable into performing or having sympathy toward terrorist actions. Anybody with half of a brain can see that. It could also be argued that Christianity experienced such a spasm during the Crusades when waves of armed men stormed the Holy Land in an attempt to liberate it.

I do not agree with Islam or its pernicious hold on many countries and many people's minds in our modern world. While this is not a condemnation of all Muslims, it is a declaration of wariness on my part.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:23 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,066,590 times
Quote:
How many Muslims do you speak to on a daily basis? I just sat through a 40-minute rant by a Muslim colleague (while I was trying to do homework) against the very idea of the Muslim Brotherhood being allowed to participate in elections (Thanks a lot, Bush! Moron!) in Egypt, extending into complaints about how Egyptian workers are going to Saudi Arabia and Syria where they are inducted into radical Muslim support groups (just like Mexican temp workers in the US being supported by Catholic support groups) and then bringing radical Islam home.

Tomorrow, I'm sure I'm going to get another earful about this too. Before him, it was a South African Muslim complaining about some other regional problem with radical Islamists. I hear plenty of moderate Muslims ranting about the problem groups associated with their religion, just like I hear Christians denigrating the KKK or IRA.

Besides, it's not like there's any real difference between Muslims, Jews, and Christians. They're all the same religion, it's just they pay attention to prophets or god-incarnates from different eras.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:14 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,713,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Over 1 billion Muslims world wide; say only 10% are "extremists", as you put it. You do the math.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:23 PM

952 posts, read 942,878 times
Quote:

Druids are thcary, too! eeiiiee!

Old 11-05-2009, 11:28 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
How many Muslims do you speak to on a daily basis? I just sat through a 40-minute rant by a Muslim colleague (while I was trying to do homework) against the very idea of the Muslim Brotherhood being allowed to participate in elections (Thanks a lot, Bush! Moron!) in Egypt, extending into complaints about how Egyptian workers are going to Saudi Arabia and Syria where they are inducted into radical Muslim support groups (just like Mexican temp workers in the US being supported by Catholic support groups) and then bringing radical Islam home.

Tomorrow, I'm sure I'm going to get another earful about this too. Before him, it was a South African Muslim complaining about some other regional problem with radical Islamists. I hear plenty of moderate Muslims ranting about the problem groups associated with their religion, just like I hear Christians denigrating the KKK or IRA.

Besides, it's not like there's any real difference between Muslims, Jews, and Christians. They're all the same religion, it's just they pay attention to prophets or god-incarnates from different eras.

Jews and Christians don't fly planes into buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies