Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 08:18 AM

94 posts, read 69,692 times

Advertisements

no way! with the amount of minority crime in this country i would be like a sitting duck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 08:25 AM

24 posts, read 46,734 times
I'll die before giving up my guns.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:36 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The military follows the orders that they are given--or they wind up court-martialed and in the news, with people calling them traitors (Ehren Watada ring a bell?)

Nope no bell. I'll have to research that, or you can tell me.

My own son is in the mil, and I asked him if he would blindly obey orders he knew to be illegal. He told me they are given class training on the topic, and said NO.

As my father did for me I did for my son, and hist first .22 rifle was given to him on his 6th birthday. It was completley his and he kept it where ever he wanted, and he took it to shoot any time he wanted. I gave him total permission to do with iut as he pleased that day, as of he were an Adult.

I never worried a seconds worth of time that he would have any accident, shoot something he didn't want to shoot or other. He is 29, soon be 30, with his own son now, who I expect will get his own .22 rifle on his 6th birthday.

Chances are if soldiers did follow illegal orders with in the borders of the USA there would be a heck of a fight just between soldiers.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:44 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
that is an M88 armored vehicle, not a actual tank.
I was wondering who would pick up on that FACT.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:00 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Their shells travel further than yours.
Um...yea. And I'm going to go out of my way to stick around when the arty starts falling to. I'll be sure to put up a BIG banner that says drop em' RIGHT HERE! This is my ammo dump or whatever. I'll be absolutely certain to stay in the same place every single day as well. Wouldn't want to get ..uncomfortable... now would I. Better get that 50000 Kdub gen set fired up guys, we like to put up BIG heat sigs. You are still missing the point TK, tech and heavy weapons don't give the advantage you think they do. They would on a stand-up conventional battlefield, sure, but that is NOT what we were discussing. The point was not about two standing army's duking it out. History supports my position, the facts are in, from countless sources since recorded hiistory began. I stand by my position

Old 05-30-2010, 12:07 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I was wondering who would pick up on that FACT.
LMAO , no kidding. When a big armored track vehicle rolls down on you, it does not matter what the bloody specs on the thing are. It's just a TANK at that point. Yea, sure, it's using a generic term, so what. At that point, does it really matter if it's an M1 or a Bradley? Sheesh.... Methinks the post you replied to here was being a bit....over analytical.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:08 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on kool aid View Post
If, in a moment of clarity or insanity (your choice), the Second Amendment was repealed and personal guns were outlawed, would you accede the loss of the Constitutional right and give up your arms?

I'm envisioning a reasonable disarming process where owners would be compensated for their firearms and ammo with tax credits at fair market value.

Exceptions would be made for antiques, heirlooms and historically important pieces, provided that they are rendered inoperable and made obvious with maybe a non-removable fluorescent orange plug in the barrel.

Maybe firearms could still be available from an armory for short term rental to hunters or to target shooters on the premises of a range.

So, your response would be:

"OK, here are my guns and ammo; now, where's my tax credit?" or "pry from my cold, dead hands?" Or something else?
What Guns?

Old 05-30-2010, 12:10 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Forget gun control, after readining this thread, the government will have to mandate boating safety courses.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:24 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
I am not gun owner, however, If they were to repeal the 2nd ammendment it would motivate me to actually go out and buy one.
If you wait until then it will be to late or be prepared to pay a lot...

Old 05-30-2010, 12:30 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
I was talking with several friends and family LEO buddies at a extended family gathering yesterday. I brought this subject up. Needless to say everyone of the LEO's from Captains to patrol officers stated that nightmarish anarchy would reign as almost all of their blue blood brothers would not support such an action. During our discussion all of them stated that all local law enforcement would be overwhelmed in about 24 hours if not sooner. Take a look at how two heavily armed bank robbers were able to overwhelm one of the largest police forces on the planet for a few hours in Los Angeles a few years ago. Now just imagine what would happen if it were tens of millions of heavily armed Americans instead to two bank robbers that watched to many movies. HELL ON EARTH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies