Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:13 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I think that the republicans could run a broom handle against Obama in 2012 and win. The only candidate that could lose it for them would be Sarah Palin, and no republican wants her.
They ran a broomhandle and her dad in 08' and lost. To say NO republican wants Palin is ridiculous. They want someone of the way far right bagger ilk and she fits perfectly. If the republicans cant get Obama's approvals under 50% with all that they've tried, they have about a 1% shot in 2012..Besides, they will eat each other alive in the primaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 05:16 PM

220 posts, read 222,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
hxxp://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/dick-morris/100913-obama-doesnt-have-a-clue

nuff said

Old 06-02-2010, 05:17 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
meh. honestly.

mid 2011 is what i'm curious about.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:22 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ12345 View Post
Obama doesn't have my approval so far. His presidency has been weak. So much hot air during the campaign, but it all amounted to nothing. I really didn't expect much, but he has been a limp president. I am neither Democrat or Republican, but I admire a president with balls. Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan had it. I wish we could have a leader of that caliber again. Obama = all flash and no substance. Roll on 2012.
You can disapprove but to call him weak is false. He pushed healthcare when Dems in Congress were cowering and his own advisers were telling him to let it go. Obama sat alone in a room full of Republicans debating healthcare and embarrassed them to the point foxnews cut away. He passed the Recovery Act with huge opposition. He propped up the auto industry amid great opposition and now they're paying us all back. Obama has passed student loan reform, killed the pirate issue literally, is about to repeal DADT etc. All this in 16 months..I'd say he has balls

Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
They ran a broomhandle and her dad in 08' and lost. To say NO republican wants Palin is ridiculous. They want someone of the way far right bagger ilk and she fits perfectly. If the republicans cant get Obama's approvals under 50% with all that they've tried, they have about a 1% shot in 2012..Besides, they will eat each other alive in the primaries.
I actually find the 50% pretty impressive right now. The right has done nothing but smear, lie, degrade and outright lie about the President (and I didn't vote for him, nor do I completely like the guy) and he's STILL at 50%.

I'd say that's pretty good.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
You can disapprove but to call him weak is false. He pushed healthcare when Dems in Congress were cowering and his own advisers were telling him to let it go. Obama sat alone in a room full of Republicans debating healthcare and embarrassed them to the point foxnews cut away. He passed the Recovery Act with huge opposition. He propped up the auto industry amid great opposition and now they're paying us all back. Obama has passed student loan reform, killed the pirate issue literally, is about to repeal DADT etc. All this in 16 months..I'd say he has balls
Yeah, I agree.
I DO think that he's not handled the oil spill very well from a POLITICAL perspective. I don't think he could have done anything more than he's done from a TECHNICAL perspective, but he needed to be seen being more DIRECTLY involved earlier on. He didn't though, and it's hurt him politically. He'll recover though. Once the oil spill is cut off - and that WILL happen - his early fumble in this area will be soon forgotten by all but those who who would never have voted for him anyway.

Ken

Old 06-02-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I actually find the 50% pretty impressive right now. The right has done nothing but smear, lie, degrade and outright lie about the President (and I didn't vote for him, nor do I completely like the guy) and he's STILL at 50%.

I'd say that's pretty good.
Indeed. As I said, Reagan's approval ratings were MUCH lower than ANYTHING has suffered - and once the economy turned around Reagan rebounded dramatically. Obama will do the same.

Ken

Old 06-02-2010, 05:48 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Obama is doing fairly well considering the crap he has to put up.

obamy is doing well?????...sorry but he is bush 44...obama is bush on steriods

what has he really done???

bush...bailouts for failed banks/businesses.............obama more costly bailouts to failed companies
bush...stimulus................................... ..............obama more stimulus
bush...illegal wiretaps........................................ob ama continuing and incrweasing the illegal wiretaps
bush...gitmo open.............................................o bama...'we will close....nope now we will keep open'
bush.. failure to respond qick enough to katrina.....obma a failure to respond to oil spill
bush....iraq...................................... ................obama still in iraq
bush....afgan mistakes.......................................oba ma same mistakes
bush...bought by big pharm for medicare d.............obama bought by big pharm/ins for obamy care

yep...obamy almost as good as bush....way to go obamy

Old 06-02-2010, 05:50 PM

683 posts, read 428,566 times
Only in the Libiot world of the insane Obama supporter is ~50% a great approval rating.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
obamy is doing well?????...sorry but he is bush 44...obama is bush on steriods

what has he really done???

bush...bailouts for failed banks/businesses.....obama more costly bailoutsto failed companies
bush...stimulus.....obama more stimulus
bush...illegal wiretaps.....obama continuing and incrweasing the illegal wiretaps
bush...gitmo open.......obama...'we will close....nope now we will keep open'
bush.. failure to respond qick enough to katrina...obma a failure to respond to oil spill
bush....iraq....obama still in iraq
bush....afgan mistakes...obama same mistakes
bush...bought by big pharm for medicare d....obama bought by big pharm/ins for obamy care

yep...obamy almost as good as bush....way to go obamy
You left off:

Bush approval rating low - 25%
Obama approval rating low - 45%

Sorry, there's NO comparison - particularly in regards to popularity (which IS what this thread is ABOUT).

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies