Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 04:54 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times

Advertisements

Political Correctness is for spineless, weak-minded, humorless, self-absorbed juveniles who can't handle any type of adversity and have zero respect for the freedoms of other people.

Political Correctness Puppets use the concept of diversity, as a copout for their inability to deal with and handle adversity.

Political Correctness weakens the human condition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 08:05 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Again, you do realize, don't you, that PC is the creation of Stalinism to change the meaning of words to make the population easier to enslave and manage?

I think you need to understand your liberal heritage and the fact that it is not based in the hippie movement of free love, but in the tyrannical hate or totalitarianism. Most liberals are just useful idiots for that cause and do not have any idea where thier thoughts originated.

Perhaps you really do not like totalitarianism and have just been an unwitting tool of the left. Read, educate yourself- there is time to change.

The Origins of Political Correctness :: Accuracy In Academia

The origin and nature of political correctness.

From Stalinism to multiculturalism: political correctness and American academe. | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared
Since my post started with "I think", it's my opinion. I was specific with the words that I was allowed to write that I think are offensive and therefore do not mind be PC about them. It's a personal choice and I don't ever recall using most of those words anyway.

I am not a liberal or a conservative. I am not a puppet. I do not wish to live under a totalitarian government. I am a free thinker. I am educated. I am aware that political correctness or incarnations of it have been around since civilzation began. None of that has any bearing on my wish to not insult or degrade people by using offensive terms.

When I was growing up in the 50's, babies born with Down's Syndrome were called Mongoloids. They were hidden away and were talked about in whispers. I don't think it's enslaving me to call them first, a baby or child, or to refer to them having Down's Syndrome.

I've been around too long to fall into any kind of trap. I've seen too much and learned from the past. Life moves on and so do I.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 AM

1,094 posts, read 884,020 times
Often when employers require employees to be PC, they require liberal beliefs as well.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Political correctness is a way for some people to tell others how they are to be address and called, whether the people like it or not. It is nothing more than some people telling people how to think and what to say.
That's exactly what Hawkeye keeps saying.

''Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and
at whom it is aimed.''
Joseph Stalin

''Print is the sharpest and the strongest weapon of our party.''
Joseph Stalin

''The writer is the engineer of the human soul.''
Joseph Stalin

''Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns,
why should we let them have ideas.''
Joseph Stalin

PC is 'Somebody Else' telling YOU what to think and what to say.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post
Political correctness is:
Saying "firefighter" instead of "fireman"
Saying "differently abled" instead of "disabled" "handicapped" or "crippled"
Calling a "manhole" a "personhole"
"People first" language.

Political correctness is not:
Frank discussion of modern social, racial, and gender issues that might imply any sort of disadvantage for minority groups.
Using the terms Native American or Amerindian rather than Indian. Those are simply more accurate labels for the group in question that help distinguish them from actual Indians from India.
Opposing government endorsements of religion. That is holding separation of church and state as a value, which is valid whether you agree with it or not.
Supporting affirmative action. That is just having a viewpoint on a controversial issue.
Using "Battle of Little Bighorn" over "Custer's last stand" (or for that matter, not treating Custer as a national hero).
Treating intelligent design as junk science. That is holding the same view as virtually all serious scientists that ID does not follow the scientific method and is pseudoscience.
Acknowledging the more unpleasant aspects of our nation's history (slavery, treatment of Native Americans, Japanese internment, etc.). That is being honest about history.
Treating scientific consensus seriously.
Showing disdain for racial slurs and stereotypes.
Finding this offensive
http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2008/1...cist16_400.jpg (broken link)
The term political correctness is meaningless.

We had a society in which one group of Americans could say and do anything to all other Americans without a care as to the impact of their actions and words on other Americans.

Now we live in a society in which you can still say whatever you want to say, but now see EVERYONE gets a say. All Americans get to say hey what you said isn't cool and we are going to boycott you get you fired or punish you for your words.

Now this is fair of course, but see the group of Americans who used to have carte blanche to say and do anything against all other Americans without fear, are very, very upset that they no longer have that privilege.

So that group of Americans who are still collectively powerful created this term "political correctness" to lament their new fate.

The term political correctness is evidence of the waning privilege of this group of Americans. It is their collective whine.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post
Political correctness is:
Saying "firefighter" instead of "fireman"
Saying "differently abled" instead of "disabled" "handicapped" or "crippled"
Calling a "manhole" a "personhole"
"People first" language.

Political correctness is not:
Frank discussion of modern social, racial, and gender issues that might imply any sort of disadvantage for minority groups.
Using the terms Native American or Amerindian rather than Indian. Those are simply more accurate labels for the group in question that help distinguish them from actual Indians from India.
Opposing government endorsements of religion. That is holding separation of church and state as a value, which is valid whether you agree with it or not.
Supporting affirmative action. That is just having a viewpoint on a controversial issue.
Using "Battle of Little Bighorn" over "Custer's last stand" (or for that matter, not treating Custer as a national hero).
Treating intelligent design as junk science. That is holding the same view as virtually all serious scientists that ID does not follow the scientific method and is pseudoscience.
Acknowledging the more unpleasant aspects of our nation's history (slavery, treatment of Native Americans, Japanese internment, etc.). That is being honest about history.
Treating scientific consensus seriously.
Showing disdain for racial slurs and stereotypes.
Finding this offensive
http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2008/1...cist16_400.jpg (broken link)
I can't say I'm very politically correct (and I have no frikkin' clue why they call it that - I wish I knew who started that stupid term). However, I think it's a matter of politeness, rather than crudeness, rudeness, and just all-out low class language and modes of expression. When I hear someone say, "cripple," it makes my hair stand on end, and a neon-light goes off in my brain: "UNEDUCATED! IGNORANT! PROBABLY EATS WITH HIS FINGERS AND TOES!"

Just sayin'.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:25 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Ah, a thread that just screams for my (PCincorrect) input!
(I’ll refer to the folks who cry out for “political correctness” as “whiners”)
Political correctness is, in my opinion, a pacifier for adults. They, the whiners, want something but they don’t know exactly what. Whiners feel the need to be whole but were never taught that happiness comes from within and not external sources. Whiners were taught that if little Jimmy has a toy then someone else should make him share it instead of being happy with what they, the whiners, have or waiting their turn. Whiners are impatient and do not want to wait for logical or natural consequences, they, like Veruca Salt, want it now! Whiners were never taught that earning the things you desire is the most efficient way to acquire them. But if they were to have learned that then they would also understand that earning meant personal responsibility too.
Around my home we have an expression that we feel strongly explains some human behavior, its “Value in equals value out”. This simply means, the more effort you put into something the more value your efforts have. If I had to earn the money to buy a car I would place more value into this car then if it were given to me. After all, if it were simply given to me I have no vested interest in its value. This is the mindset of the whiner. No value in equals not value out; Just whine and complain until someone gets tired of hearing it.(The majority of welfare recepients are this way)
The whiners of the world are the ones who expect the world to change to suit their personal needs (which I refer back to my previous comment, “Whiners feel the need to be whole but were never taught that happiness comes from within and not external sources.”)
I say take the pacifier away and let them become use to the idea that they are responsible for their own happiness and not me.
FK’m and feed’m fishheads.
What a long rant, and all just to say "I'm a bigot."

Old 02-06-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Political Correctness is for spineless, weak-minded, humorless, self-absorbed juveniles who can't handle any type of adversity and have zero respect for the freedoms of other people.

Political Correctness Puppets use the concept of diversity, as a copout for their inability to deal with and handle adversity.

Political Correctness weakens the human condition.
Political Correctness haters use their self-righteous complaints about Political Correctness to camouflage their bigotry.

How's that for a sweeping statement?

Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The term political correctness is meaningless.

We had a society in which one group of Americans could say and do anything to all other Americans without a care as to the impact of their actions and words on other Americans.

Now we live in a society in which you can still say whatever you want to say, but now see EVERYONE gets a say. All Americans get to say hey what you said isn't cool and we are going to boycott you get you fired or punish you for your words.

Now this is fair of course, but see the group of Americans who used to have carte blanche to say and do anything against all other Americans without fear, are very, very upset that they no longer have that privilege.

So that group of Americans who are still collectively powerful created this term "political correctness" to lament their new fate.

The term political correctness is evidence of the waning privilege of this group of Americans. It is their collective whine.
^^^^

This.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
I don't believe in PC. The liberal PC crowd often tries to shut the non-PC crowd when they speak their mind.

For example, it has become politically correct to see some people's groups and spaces to be integrated, but the others can have their own segregated groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies