Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,365 times

Advertisements

I'm graduating college next month with my Bachelor's in Professional Writing & Editing, and a minor in Information Technology. My husband and I are relocating to the Treasure Coast, probably around the Jensen Beach area. We currently live in Youngstown, OH and have no kids and no mortgage to worry about upon moving.

My question/problem is that I've read that the job market and unemployment rate in FL is terrible, yet there are dozens of full-time job postings per week in my field. For instance, back in OH, there were 5 job postings last week that I qualified for; all were part-time but one. Down on the Treasure Coast, there were 15 full-time job postings in one week with decent entry-level pay.

I've been unemployed for one year.

Is there something that I'm missing, or is the job market down that way improving? I'm looking to find a career in writing/editing/graphic&web design/marketing. Is there as big of a demand for these skills along the Treasure Coast as I'm discovering, or am I in some type of dreamland?

Last edited by MandaLynch; 04-03-2011 at 06:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 08:10 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
The job market is still bad, but if you have a chance to grab something - DO IT! Just make sure the job still exists as many times they don't take them down once they are filled.

Not knowing exactly what you are good at but what you want a career in, you might want to contact Digital Domaine since they ARE hiring and from what I understand, at great pay. Depends on your background and what they are looking for. Their new building is under construction right now here in Tradition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach