Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 07:08 AM

25 posts, read 81,300 times

Advertisements

I am planning a move to either WPB area or Vero beach area. What is the better area for a family with middle school age children. I want a safe clean area and want to keep my kids away from gangs. Nice schools are important and not too far from the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 06:58 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Well.. West Palm Beach is a huge area. What part ?? Preference would be the northern part of Palm Beach County -skipping the middle of WPB

Old 10-17-2011, 05:35 AM

8 posts, read 28,013 times
I can't speak personally because my kids did not go school here, but many people I know who do have kids in school here, like Vero. Vero seems like an idyllic place to raise kids. The biggest downsides to Vero is if you're looking for nightlife. Vero is easy to get around, relatively safe, everything is accessible, decent government, great shopping, libraries, movie theaters, and seasonal activities.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:50 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
West Palm Beach and Vero are SO different - like night and day when it comes to housing and things to do....
WPB has a lot of everything in housing but it's not cheap.. tons of things to do of all kinds and anything you might want.

Vero.. humm .. quiet and the opposite of WPB .. depends on what YOU want in a lifestyle

Old 11-01-2011, 07:08 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
I personally like Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens above all other areas around here especially as safe family areas with good schools. But they are also pricier than Martin, St. Lucie County, or Indian River Counties. Vero Beach is much cheaper, more laid back, far less traffic. Not sure about crime, but I would imagine the rates are similar between those areas. I would not live in West Palm Beach proper. That is a bad area with high crime and worse traffic than Vero or Jupiter.

Essentially, the closer to West Palm you live the more entertainment options you have and the more culture. But things are also more expensive in Palm Beach County. It is a trade-off.

I would also recommend checking out Stuart, Palm City, and Jensen Beach.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:47 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34;
I would not live in West Palm Beach proper. That is a bad area with high crime and worse traffic than Vero or Jupiter.
Just curious... without looking at a map, what do you believe the actual borders of the city of "West Palm Beach proper" are?

And, are you honestly of the opinion that the entire city is the same in terms of income, demographics, and neighborhoods and crime statistics?

(For the record, the crime index in Fort Pierce is much higher than West Palm Beach).

Old 11-18-2011, 06:31 AM

8 posts, read 28,013 times
Yes, some call Ft. Pierce, Port Fierce! In WPB, the areas are very different. When I have looked at houses, realtors have warned me -- you can't walk in this section at night -- stay away. The only section I like is down town around el cid, and some of the smaller neighborhoods, even Northwood. But it's all very crowded. City place is overrun with teenagers and high priced chains. It's a great 30 something city if you've got a 5 figure income. Wellington has good schools. But outside the city, you have traffic and strip malls and developments. Jupiter is a bedroom community. Pretty, affluent but it doesn't seem to have a heart. I had friends who lived there and they moved to WPB on the intracoastal because they found themselves going there 3 times a week when the lived in Jupiter. All depends on what you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach