Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:00 AM

623 posts, read 966,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
And this is why northeasterners leave Vero Beach!
Likes to put a negative spin on positive post. A true Florida hater
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 02:42 PM

142 posts, read 315,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorbust View Post
I'm curious why do northeastern's leave Vero?
The reason they leave is because they are fans of the University of Michigan who don't want to be surrounded by anyone associated with THE Ohio State University.
(damn rivalry goes back farther than the Hatfields and the McCoys).....LOL

Old 01-27-2012, 07:31 PM

448 posts, read 1,471,385 times
Not sure why they posted what they did. But if you read the first comments, Ipoetry does love Vero and the area. The negativity could be because they do not like peanut butter buckeyes
Anyway, lets give them a fair shake Because they are not from Michigan...they are from the New England area. Explains it all.

And hopefully our Buckeyes will have an awesome team this year. We are ready to fly our OHIO flag high.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:11 AM

No doubt that Ipoetry loves the Vero area. I saw that post myself and was being facetious, using my corny sense of humor. In fact, for a moment I thought that maybe the word "leave" was a typo, and that Ipoetry actually meant to type "love". Either way, all is good.....and I'm equally sure that Urban Meyer will have a positive effect on the OSU program. Immediately, he becomes the highest profile coach OSU's had since Woody Hayes.
So.....Ipoetry is from New England, huh? Must be a Patriots fan....AND a member of Red Sox nation. I'm Giants and Yankees all the way. Talk about another fierce rivalry !!! :-)

Old 01-28-2012, 11:12 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,369,132 times
I'll put the confusion to rest. I did love Vero Beach, lived there and slowly grew to dislike it so left it. We've moved to Cape Cod where life is good. We enjoy being back with liberal-thinking people, familiar foods, and 4 seasons, not to mention family and friends. My husband is from Ohio. I am not a fan of the state of Ohio or anything it has to offer. As a matter of fact, neither is he. My mother-in-law makes buckeyes and sends them every Christmas and they go promptly into the trash. Husband doesn't like the sticky concoctions either. Actually our son and d-i-l throw their batch into the trash also. I guess we should come clean and tell her to stop sending them to us. Whether OSU wins or loses, I don't care. So long as our beloved Patriots win!

Old 01-28-2012, 11:14 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,369,132 times
And btw, I love peanut butter/chocolate concoctions of all kinds, just not buckeyes. They're too sweet.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:44 PM

I have a life threatening allergy to peanut butter. Patriots fans don't have the exact same effect on me, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel too well if I ate one. ;-)

Old 02-03-2012, 08:34 AM

623 posts, read 966,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
I'll put the confusion to rest. I did love Vero Beach, lived there and slowly grew to dislike it so left it. We've moved to Cape Cod where life is good. We enjoy being back with liberal-thinking people, familiar foods, and 4 seasons, not to mention family and friends. My husband is from Ohio. I am not a fan of the state of Ohio or anything it has to offer. As a matter of fact, neither is he. My mother-in-law makes buckeyes and sends them every Christmas and they go promptly into the trash. Husband doesn't like the sticky concoctions either. Actually our son and d-i-l throw their batch into the trash also. I guess we should come clean and tell her to stop sending them to us. Whether OSU wins or loses, I don't care. So long as our beloved Patriots win!
This is a interesting post that your m-i-l makes buckeyes every Christmas. Here is you quote from you on 11/25/2011 in which you say that your m-i-l is dead 11-25-2011, 08:40 AM
ipoetry
befriend
1,801 posts, read 548,651 times

I totally disagree with this. We retired to a single level house in Florida and hated it. I felt that my knees and shins were turning to mush from the lack of stairs and hills. We've since built ourselves a new retirement home, 3 levels with the MBR on the first floor, and now I'm happy. I can live nicely on the first floor but love the running upstairs and downstairs and I think it helps keep me young. Both my mother and my m-i-l lived in their homes til the end and it's my theory that the stairs helped keep them alive.

[+] Rate this post positively
[RIGHT] [/RIGHT]

Old 02-03-2012, 06:11 PM

5 posts, read 18,315 times
I am so excited to read this post. Glad to hear you love Vero. My family and I are planning a move to FL and have not yet determined the area. We have friends in Vero but also are interetsed in Port St Lucie county and the town of Palm Bay. Did you visit any of these areas? If so what did you think of them. Also I keep seeing a lot of homes in Vero Lake Estates any opinions?

Old 02-03-2012, 08:55 PM

910 posts, read 2,219,815 times
Hi Karin,
We didn't have time to do any exploring beyond Vero Beach. What amazed me was how "at home" I felt there, on my very first visit. I can't wait to make it my home for real !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach