Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 AM

20 posts, read 71,590 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My family will be moving to Stuart FL this summer. We have two young children who will need day care/pre school. We have narrowed our search down to Bridges Montessori, Oceans Montessori and Temple Beit Ha Yam. We are Christian but have heard good things about the care at the Temple and we thought all these facilities were very nice when we visited.

Does anyone have any advice or knowledge about the above institutions? We love Bridges but it is so expensive. It would cost close to $30,000 annually to send our girls there and that is a staggering number.

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 07:15 AM

Does anyone have any comments about the day care/pre schools in Stuart? Thanks!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:16 AM

8,073 posts, read 4,747,652 times
I don't have kids so I cannot adequately answer your questions in the area of private schools. I will point out that Martin County's public school system was given some of the highest marks in the state (according to some articles I read in the local paper). I can also tell you there are a lot of activities in and around Stuart to keep the family busy. A new water park is in the process of opening. Festivals and activities in downtown Stuart seem to be a weekly occurrence. The weather is of course perfect for outdoor activities. I've been here six months and I'm really amazed at how it's not just retirees and snowbirds who live here.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM

Thank you, Daniel! I really appreciate your input. We do love the area and are looking forward to getting down there soon.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:18 AM

2,962 posts, read 5,000,742 times
With small children, I would suggest you also look into Palm City and Palm City Elementary.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:38 AM

Thanks, Harry. We have heard that from quite a few people. Are there any day cares/pre schools you recommend in Palm City? We are Lutheran and I believe there is a Lutheran Church is Palm City that offers day care.

I appreciate everyone's feedback!

Old 05-16-2012, 01:20 PM

95 posts, read 226,255 times
Palm City has a few good pre-schools. Redeemer Lutheran is one of the best. There is also High Hopes (our children go there) which is a non-denominational Christian, Alphabet Farms and The Learning Cove. All of the Elementary Schools are great. Our son goes to Citrus Grove.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:58 PM

43 posts, read 199,199 times
A friend of ours sends her son to the Temple- they LOVE it. Through her, I have met some Christian families who send there children there. Everyone raves about it.

I don't know anyone who sends there kids to Bridges, but I did tour Oceans for our daughter and I really liked it. I would have sent her, but it is too far. She goes to a Montessori in Port Saint Lucie.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:44 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,608,496 times
Default Stuart Florida

And the winner is.............. I just finished looking at a web site called Sperlings Best Places and wanted to look at several cities with:1. low housing costs and 2. low cost of living expenses. I looked at Tamarac, Sunrise, Deerfield Beach, Cooper City, Stuart, Jupiter and Port St. Lucie. I rated each city and assigned a number with a 1 for the lowest and 7 the highest. Then I added the two scores. Tamarac had a 3 and Stuart a 4. I was surprise.
Now who can speak to these two places as to desirability for a retired couple. To me Stuart gets the nod since I like to fish but.......

Sid

Old 05-19-2012, 04:57 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,761 times
Stuart is a very beautiful area from the parts I have seen Sid .... Lots of water areas , close to ocean/beaches as well ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach