Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 05:04 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,797,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
There is no crime to speak of in PSL
Unless you park at the LA Fitness in Tradition...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 05:07 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,204,029 times
ok... then look at fort pierce -- does breaking in to a car compare to drive by shootings?

Old 07-07-2012, 05:11 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,797,281 times
That was a joke Fla- and heck no!! I would not want to live in Ft Pierce or anything south of Jupiter for that matter. They're CrAzY down there!! How many shootings in the last 3 months? Insane...

Old 07-10-2012, 05:38 PM

138 posts, read 233,301 times
For the record, there is plenty of crime in PSL, of every kind and nature whatsoever. Anyone who says otherwise is misinformed. It is it Chicago or Detroit? No. But to infer that PSL is somehow is better or safer than neighboring cities on the Treasure Coast is laughable, misleading and completely false. I would urge the OP and others in this thread who are looking for accurate info before moving here to carefully consider the knowledge base and motivation of anyone who steers you toward one city and away from another in any of the 3 counties which make up the Treasure Coast based on heresay and innuendo. Broadly speaking, they are not that different as areas go. Whether you're looking at Stuart, PSL, Ft. Pierce, Vero Beach, Sebastian, be assured they ALL have very liveable areas for families, singles and retirees in that they ALL have mostly decent, law-abiding citizens. They also EACH have their share of snobs who live in ivory towers, some low-lifes, some rich, some poor, some professionals, some blue collars, some bums, some city, some country, some beautiful, some ugly, some really lousy politicians, some damn Yankees , etc.. Anyone telling you one city is good while the other is bad either has an agenda or does not know the area very well, or both. In the end, that misinformation will cost you. Are there differences? Yes, but not nearly as black and white as some here would make it out to be.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:35 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,825,184 times
Smitten thanks for your insight. Out of all the different place on the Treasure coast which one is the one that you prefer. I know that no place is perfect but there are still places better than others like you mentioned.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:58 PM

138 posts, read 233,301 times
Straight Shooter, I don’t have a favorite, really. But I did go back and revisit your initial post and gave it a lot of thought. What gives me pause in answering is your terms like “most desireable” and “quality of life” and “things to do”, as these are all so very, very subjective. But that being said, considering your criteria, I’m going to give the edge to Stuart (for you). You’ll definitely be closer to the kind of experience I THINK you’re looking for overall. In Stuart you will find a greater number of more sophisticated (not stuffy) folks and many more well-traveled, highly educated, friendly professionals, if you’re the type that might occasionally appreciate an intellectual conversation once in a while. You won’t lack for restaurants, places to visit and things to do…everything you need, you’ll have there, including a mall and a good hospital. Plus Stuart is just cleaner overall, and friendly. There is a LOT of money in Martin County, and much of it is in Stuart. It’s the “Sailfish Capital of the World”, you know. Get a gander at those yachts in the marinas! It’s a beautiful little city. Of course, you will pay higher property (and sales) taxes for the privilege of living there, but it does help keep some riff-raff out. You won’t go wrong with Stuart. Martin County has beautiful natural preserves in the unincorporated areas and around Hobe Sound. I hope you’ll visit and spend at least a long weekend there to get a feel for the town, if you haven't already. Good luck in your search!

Old 07-12-2012, 11:53 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,647 times
Yea stay out of Palm Beach county you might get run into a ditch by a drunken Polo pony owner or Ponzi schemer. In Vero make sure you wear high top shoes with ankle support if you are on the streets after 5pm as they roll up the sidewalks. Wouln't want to break anything. Ft. Pierce, what can you say other than be off the streets by sundown clutching your bible and gun praying you won't get house jacked. PSL has political issues but other than that it is very quiet compaired to other places. I fear though that it will become the HOA capitol of florida though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach