Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2014, 07:50 PM

11 posts, read 29,848 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the homes in the "Lakes at Sand Ridge" community in Vero? Is it located in an area that is considered a safe neighborhood? Are the homes constructed well? We're looking for newer homes in the 180K to 225K range that are one story and have a decent sized driveway. We are also looking at HOA's that allow large personal trucks to be parked in the owners own driveways. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 06:34 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Maronda Homes is the SAME builder as Lexington Place and Ashley Lakes North.

All you have to do is call them and ask about the parking. Ask them for the HOA association's phone number to double check the documents. Again, the HOA is managed by the BUILDER. The bylaws are set by the BUILDER.

They gave it to ME when I went to Ashley AND Lexington to check for you last time but I don't know where I put it.

New Home Communities in Vero Beach Florida New Homes For Sale

The LOT size and model you chose will determine how large or small or irregular your driveway is.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:03 AM

Thank you so much for the info!! We were hoping someone living in Vero would have visited the neighborhood and homes and could give a first-hand (un-biased) opinion of SandRidge. We are looking forward to visiting in the next few months and want to be sure to only look at homes/neighborhoods that will work for us.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:45 PM

8 posts, read 12,546 times
We were there yesterday for open houses and made a U-turn. Big houses but there are a dozen or more developments with big homes-this one just stuck us a tad backwoods, pickups parked sideways in the road-a place Jeff Foxworthy and pals would be right at home in.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcharm View Post
We were there yesterday for open houses and made a U-turn. Big houses but there are a dozen or more developments with big homes-this one just stuck us a tad backwoods, pickups parked sideways in the road-a place Jeff Foxworthy and pals would be right at home in.
Well you're throwing shade/insulting someone who has pickups and also a vehicle that is VERY popular in Florida. Not so "charming" LOL.

You DO realize that tons of people own trucks for work or to tow their boats, right?

And if you're shopping in that price point, I'd say you're probably no "better than" the Foxworthy people who make an honest living. Or people who purchase that vehicle specifically to move their recreation vehicles around.

But I agree that many people tend to park in a wonky way...as shown by many photos I've posted about vehicles and driveways in these communities with small-ish space for them.

And it's not just truck people who are disrespectful of the parking - you see plenty of CARS hanging over the walkways. Or parked with two wheels on the lawn so that their second car will fit next to it.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:55 PM

I spoke with a representative with SandRidge. She was very upfront with the fact that some of the homes built a few years ago were not up to the same standards as the homes being built there now. Something about using a stem-wall building plan that makes the house more stable. Anyway, she also said that there were some nice neighborhoods around there and then some that were a bit run down She assured me that trucks were allowed to be parked in the owner's driveway but not left on the street. I think we will at least look through there when we visit but my realtor was not very supportive about it. I completely get why some HOA's do not want vehicles just parked anywhere or on the street. I also can see why they would not want a travel trailer or boat parked in someone's driveway. We have been researching the restrictions (thanks RunsWithScissors) and have figured out what neighborhoods would be okay with our new Dodge Ram and plan on driving it down when we visit. Whether or not it will fit down the street or in the driveway of homes in HOA's that allow personal trucks will be answered then. We are looking forward to moving to Vero and meeting lots of new friends.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandKat View Post
I spoke with a representative with SandRidge. She was very upfront with the fact that some of the homes built a few years ago were not up to the same standards as the homes being built there now. Something about using a stem-wall building plan that makes the house more stable. Anyway, she also said that there were some nice neighborhoods around there and then some that were a bit run down She assured me that trucks were allowed to be parked in the owner's driveway but not left on the street. I think we will at least look through there when we visit but my realtor was not very supportive about it. I completely get why some HOA's do not want vehicles just parked anywhere or on the street. I also can see why they would not want a travel trailer or boat parked in someone's driveway. We have been researching the restrictions (thanks RunsWithScissors) and have figured out what neighborhoods would be okay with our new Dodge Ram and plan on driving it down when we visit. Whether or not it will fit down the street or in the driveway of homes in HOA's that allow personal trucks will be answered then. We are looking forward to moving to Vero and meeting lots of new friends.
Oh that's a good idea just bring the Ram to make sure.

Of course if you're buying off a builder's plan and just looking at a LOT make sure the driveway size is in the AGREEMENT OF SALE.

Quote:
Anyway, she also said that there were some nice neighborhoods around there and then some that were a bit run down
Maybe your realtor is just not supportive of splitting her commission LOL.

She just effectively described most of the entire state of Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach