Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 11:00 PM

240 posts, read 262,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattybee View Post
Geez, what a grouch.
He's a grouch that tells the truth unlike you and so many here who love to spin the truth or be *PC.

*Politically Correct
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 03:38 PM

2,954 posts, read 2,350,069 times
Port St Lucie has it's fair share of issues however it is not a bad place to live or plant your root. Just depends on what you're looking for and willing to deal with. No place if perfect.

Old 10-06-2016, 03:50 PM

135 posts, read 190,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Port St Lucie has it's fair share of issues however it is not a bad place to live or plant your root. Just depends on what you're looking for and willing to deal with. No place if perfect.
I agree. I decided to look for a house here on line in 2010. I decided to buy here coming from Long Island. I retired and have not regretted my choice of PSL. I lived in Ny for over 38 years.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:19 PM

484 posts, read 764,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangolufsen View Post
PSL is a great place to live if a person has no education, a blue collar job, missing teeth, covered with tattoos, drives a jacked up pickup truck, is a genuine redneck, likes an area with no culture, no good shopping, no high end restaurants, no Whole Foods, no Trader Joes, and the person likes living on top of a potentially dangerous Nuclear Reactor. Otherwise, look elsewhere. Also, you shouldn't mind cops who treat PSL like a police state and love to abuse citizens.
Actually Port St. Lucie is perfect for someone that is interested in having a good quality of life. Not interested in: -being stuck in traffic
-wasting thousands of dollars each month on rent and/or mortgage
-Being amongst rude people
- Being overcharged at Whole Foods, high end restaurants and trader joes
- Taking advantage of the HUGE tax benefit of having one of the safest Power Plants in the nation in the same county

This list could go on and one why we LOVE Port St. Lucie!! The people are the main reason why I stay. I have lived in many places and choose to stay in Port St. Lucie because of the people and that it is very family friendly.

Last edited by PSLCarPool; 10-11-2016 at 01:34 PM..

Old 10-14-2016, 07:13 PM

15 posts, read 37,662 times
If PSL is that bad, why do you stay here ???

Old 10-14-2016, 07:19 PM

15 posts, read 37,662 times
Bangolufsen: If PSL is so bad, why do you stay here ???

Old 10-16-2016, 04:16 AM

13 posts, read 16,508 times
I've lived in PSL for over a year and don't recall seeing any red necks.. I do recall seeing very nice cars around usually.. and very nicely manicured grounds around town

If anything stood out its the amount of old people around rather than red necks. And old people don't bother me.

You do realize that there are multi million dollar homes in PSL right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangolufsen View Post
Hardly, I experienced it myself in the best community in PSL (PGA Village). I speak from experience and everything I said was true. If not, where is Ruth Chris, Mortons, Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Bloomingdales, or even Costco. Nowhere to be found unless you are willing to make a 2 hour round trip, PSL doesn't even have a mall and the one in Jensen is terrible. Read the news stories about the problems with the nuc plant. Bottom line: It's cheaper to buy a house there for good reason. I'm not a fan of rednecks and the city is full of them

Old 10-16-2016, 12:15 PM

237 posts, read 392,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2.0 View Post
I've lived in PSL for over a year and don't recall seeing any red necks.. I do recall seeing very nice cars around usually.. and very nicely manicured grounds around town

If anything stood out its the amount of old people around rather than red necks. And old people don't bother me.

You do realize that there are multi million dollar homes in PSL right?
Doesn't Wayne Huizenga live in PSL or own a home there.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:48 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,224,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygene View Post
Bangolufsen: If PSL is so bad, why do you stay here ???

He doesn't live here anymore. From his posts, he lives in Jacksonville.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:07 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,647,459 times
Default You do realize that there are multi million dollar homes in PSL right?

There is only ONE home that is a multi million dollar home. It is listed at 3 million and is large with over 40 acres with stables and is also used as a business. It is by far a fancy town. People looking for multi million dollar homes are not flocking to PSL. That is why I like it, homes are reasonably priced compared to many other towns in florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach