Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 10:38 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,223,563 times

Advertisements

the point of the beach having multiple access points IS so we can go and NOT be with tons of other people like at the main beach access at the roundabout from the mainland IS.

Since we have the ocean 365 days a year we know we can go ANY TIME we want... and its free. So "all those people" that you are looking for might be scattered all up and down the beach and you wouldnt know it.

The main access has more families because it has bathrooms, Jensen Beach Park, and a lifeguard etc. Thats where you will see all the cars. You won't see me. I, like many others, enjoy the peacefulness of not being with lots of people when I want to relax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 10:54 AM

693 posts, read 707,508 times
Five below will have a grand opening in Stuart on Friday, Nov. 4th. Everything is the store is five dollars or less.

Old 10-26-2016, 11:30 AM

115 posts, read 204,974 times
20 miles of beach is a lot to fill up with people

Old 10-26-2016, 04:21 PM

71 posts, read 95,917 times
The Dunkin Donuts on Rt 1 in Hobe Sound is coming along nicely - they were clearing out the old bank stuff this morning when I drove by.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:23 PM

8,081 posts, read 4,761,354 times
Quote:
Five below will have a grand opening in Stuart on Friday, Nov. 4th. Everything is the store is five dollars or less.
It's in the same shopping center as HomeGoods, TJ Maxx, and Bonefish Grill. You certainly can't miss that huge sign they put up!

Old 10-28-2016, 02:10 PM

237 posts, read 392,808 times
I saw in the local paper that Michael Jordan wants to develop a golf course in the Hobe Sound area.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny118 View Post
I saw in the local paper that Michael Jordan wants to develop a golf course in the Hobe Sound area.
he has applied for it but apparently it will be a long time coming

Old 01-31-2017, 09:05 PM

237 posts, read 392,808 times
The Pitchford's Landing development appears to be back on in Jensen. It would seem to me that replacing an RV park with high end homes would be good for the community but people in Martin County always get upset about new developments.

I was surprised to see how many RV's are in the park. Is it possible after replacing the RV's with homes there will be fewer people there and therefore less congestion in the area?

Old 01-31-2017, 09:26 PM

they are doing if because of the location - = $$$ nothing to do with congestion at all...

MARTIN COUNTY — Pitchford's Landing — a residential project along the Indian River Lagoon — finally is moving forward some 12 years after it was originally proposed, a step that also ends the developer's lawsuit against the county.

The 17.7-acre project would rise north of Northeast Causeway Boulevard, between Northeast Skyline Drive and the Indian River Lagoon. It would include 44 single-family homes and 39 condominium units, and an existing restaurant on the east side of Indian River Drive and an existing historic home would be relocated on the site.

Pitchford's also is to include a public pier on the north side of the property and a wall meant to protect Indian River Drive from eroding into the lagoon, said Don Cuozzo, the land planner representing Reily Enterprises. The developer got county approval to plant fewer trees and less vegetation than required, separating the project from Indian River Drive, so residents' view of the lagoon isn't blocked, Cuozzo added.

Construction must begin by January 2018, and all construction except for the single-family homes must be completed by January 2019, according to county records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach