Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:59 PM

7,043 posts, read 6,295,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newred5 View Post
Snowbirds often leave after Easter and some stay around till end of April
Thanks. I'll plan on visiting at that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2ODD View Post
why on earth would you buy something in Tennessee instead of PSL or near it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upi1gdT2nqU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHG-gewWKIA
I am so in love with this area right now! Thanks for that.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:47 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
Not sure of your price range but you might want to look at The Savannah's Club off US 1 , mobile/Maufactuered homes in there starting at 37,000, I do not know what lot/HOA fees are ?
Take a look at Bocca Executive realty website , great site to search all areas

Savanna Club: Two bedroom home on the preserve reasonably priced. Large kitchen with ample cabinets and counters. Walk in master bedroom closet. Master bathroom with double sinks, shower, linen cabinet. Screened lanai and patio offer peaceful views of the Preserve. Driveway custom painted in August. Carport with wide driveway and wide shed. Savanna Club is an ACTIVE age restricted 55+ community with country club amenities and many clubs. There are 3 clubhouses, an 18 hole golf course, 3 swimming pools, tennis courts, clubs, cafe and so much more! County has a variety of fresh water, lagoon and salt water for the fishing enthusiasts and nature lovers. St Lucie County is bordered on its' east by the Atlantic Ocean. Call today for your appointment to see this home! Buyer to verify all measurements.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:51 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
Also in Stuart off US 1 near the mall there is Vista Delago a less expensive condos under 60,000 and there's a few less expensive condos off ocean Blvd in Stuart near Sewalls Point too

Old 01-04-2017, 02:54 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
I wouldn't buy a mobile home down here unless you can afford to replace it on your own. Mobile homes over 10 or 14 years old don't get any replacement value on insurance here (ACV only) and the risk of a loss is very high with any named stormed being able to destroy it fairly easily. This isn't the place to plop down in a mobile home unless you can move it, replace it yourself or secure replacement coverage like you can with RV's. Unfortunately mobile homes have no such coverage available.

Not a big deal if you have the cash to get a new one. However if you're looking to buy one in the first place and have the extra money you'd be better off picking up a CBS home somewhere instead and save the headache later. Not to say they can't survive a storm, they can, you just need to be prepared if it doesn't.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:03 PM

You are so helpful. Thank you. I live on SS-after blue cross & prescription drug coverage, $1049. Not a great deal of money. I have $40,000 in investments, which I am thinking of using part, not all, to buy a used mobile home. No credit card payments & a paid off car.

So it would be lot rent, utilities, phone & Internet. Plus food, car insurance etc. I am making it, but just, which is fine. I'm not a high maintenance person.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
I wouldn't buy a mobile home down here unless you can afford to replace it on your own. Mobile homes over 10 or 14 years old don't get any replacement value on insurance here (ACV only) and the risk of a loss is very high with any named stormed being able to destroy it fairly easily. This isn't the place to plop down in a mobile home unless you can move it, replace it yourself or secure replacement coverage like you can with RV's. Unfortunately mobile homes have no such coverage available.

Not a big deal if you have the cash to get a new one. However if you're looking to buy one in the first place and have the extra money you'd be better off picking up a CBS home somewhere instead and save the headache later. Not to say they can't survive a storm, they can, you just need to be prepared if it doesn't.
What is a CBS home? Where am I looking for that?

Old 01-04-2017, 03:10 PM

I do have to think of the storms & hurricanes. I'm going to pay attention to the stories when I visit. I think I'll visit there first before going to Tennessee & visiting family. That way I'll be able to make an informed decision.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:38 PM

New red, interesting sites for homes. I guess I'll have to plan on visiting at least a week, probably two to check these out. I'll have closer numbers by that time.

It's a bit silly of me but my main demands are having a bathtub, (we only have showers here in my building) & being able to have a cat, which I will adopt once I move. We can't have pets here.

As I said, low maintenance person.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:54 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
What is a CBS home? Where am I looking for that?
CBS = Concrete, Block and Stucco.

An actual house not a manufactured home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach