Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 09:04 AM

182 posts, read 247,527 times

Advertisements

Any reviews of tis community, home construction, house insurance , amenities? Does this area get hit on average by more then its share of bad storms in the fall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 12:04 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,197,078 times
First of all, Del Webb is NOT Tradition. Their name is purposely misleading. Even the golf course they show on their website is not theirs..it's part of PGA.

Del Webb is a builder that will be putting up some homes in a community in Tradition.

Tradition is made up of various communities by various builders. It has a Master Homeowners Association and then individual Associations in each community.

Del Webbs community is not even built yet. It's just advertising.

As far as the OTHER communities in Tradition, each one has its own amenities.
Insurance....is individual and up to your insurance company, how the house is built etc.
Tradition is not in a flood zone
Tradition is not on the ocean or the river - it's west of I95, so its further from hurricanes that come in from the ocean.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,134 times
I live in Del Webb Tradition, and If I knew what I know know I'm not sure I would have built this house. From the start we were lied to from a sales women named Connie. After talking to other residents they were also lied to by her. They promise so much, and you don't find out the truth until you are at closing. The construction quality is really really bad. The short cuts that were taking is really wrong, and no one seems to be concerned (builder managers). The workers that are hired are well below the quality of workers that should be building these homes. Its very concerning! When you call Pulte and Del Webb for someone to help you (because no-one else is willing to listen to your complaints), your wasting your time. When you come to visit the community everyone is positive and over the top nice, but once you sign...... its over! As more and more new residents move in, the stories are all the same. It's really disgusting! The other side of moving into a 55 active community is the people. We have met some great new friends, but the other side of that are over the top gossip queens. It is ridiculous. There are a group of women who think they run this community, and don't want to include other women in organizing events. I feel like I am back in high school. Be prepared of the bullies, gossip, and clicks. Again, If I knew more about these details I would have never considered Del Webb. I thought I did my research on Pulte, but apparently not. Sorry for the negative review, but its an honest one!

Old 04-23-2019, 05:19 PM

I won't dispute your views on the builder or any of their employees. I will dispute your view on other people.
Some people get along with everyone. Some people don't. 55 and older communities seem to have people who love to have nothing better to do than talk about everyone else - apparently the nature of the beast if you are no longer working and need to spend your time doing ....something.

No, I don't live in a 55 and older community and don't want to.

as for opinions, we all have one. Find yourself some other friends or things to do besides concern yourself with the people you think are "gossip queen" and maybe organize events yourself. Those that think like you do will gladly join in.

No area is perfect for everyone - otherwise, we'd never move

Old 04-25-2019, 08:41 PM

162 posts, read 311,090 times
Default Del Webb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeluvr View Post
I live in Del Webb Tradition, and If I knew what I know know I'm not sure I would have built this house. From the start we were lied to from a sales women named Connie. After talking to other residents they were also lied to by her. They promise so much, and you don't find out the truth until you are at closing. The construction quality is really really bad. The short cuts that were taking is really wrong, and no one seems to be concerned (builder managers). The workers that are hired are well below the quality of workers that should be building these homes. Its very concerning! When you call Pulte and Del Webb for someone to help you (because no-one else is willing to listen to your complaints), your wasting your time. When you come to visit the community everyone is positive and over the top nice, but once you sign...... its over! As more and more new residents move in, the stories are all the same. It's really disgusting! The other side of moving into a 55 active community is the people. We have met some great new friends, but the other side of that are over the top gossip queens. It is ridiculous. There are a group of women who think they run this community, and don't want to include other women in organizing events. I feel like I am back in high school. Be prepared of the bullies, gossip, and clicks. Again, If I knew more about these details I would have never considered Del Webb. I thought I did my research on Pulte, but apparently not. Sorry for the negative review, but its an honest one!
Interesting. We almost built a home in Waterway Village in Vero Beach. Our first sales person was Connie and we called Divosta and flat out told them that if we had to deal with her we were going to walk. I knew she went to Del Webb and when we looked there, we refused to talk to her. I have no idea why they keep her, she is flat out ignorant and one of the worse people we have come across is sales.
My sympathies to you.

Old 05-05-2019, 02:56 PM

13 posts, read 35,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeluvr View Post
This is very concerning. I was there yesterday and fell in love with a home. Drove around the community and I love the Site Plan as compared with Valencia Cay. While VC has no CDD fees, I didn’t like the Site Plan. My biggest concern was Tradition seems very far away from everything and a lot of building going on. Add to that, our salesperson said that with the CDD fees, our tax would be about 2.2% of purchase price. That is extremely high compared to what we pay in Palm Beach County ... over double.

Now I read this about the Builder and the shoddy construction and I’m really put off. The model was gorgeous and appeared very well done.

Could you explain a bit better? Are you already having issues with the construction or is it more cosmetic? I’d really appreciate input. Thanks.

Old 05-05-2019, 04:22 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,371,721 times
It is so easy to be swayed by the stunning models in Tradition (I use this as the umbrella for the numerous builders in that area). Anyone looking in that specific area needs to take a serious step back and look at your expenses and allowable budget. St Lucie county does not have the most economic property taxes in the state. Plus living in a Del Webb and or Traditions comes at a cost. If you are retired or close to retirement and you weren't a hedge fund adviser then you really need to pull out the old spreadsheet and crunch those numbers.

My husband and I moved up from Weston, Fl which is a relatively up scale community in sw Broward County to Vero Beach. Just living in an older home with a (ultimately) lowered insurance bill of $6500 plus property taxes, high electric bill..bye-bye heated pool etc. the writing was on the wall - we had to cut our expenses by at least $10 k annually.

When we looked at the Dell Webb’s and other similar communities around Florida, we realized that the HOAs, CDDs etc were too steep for us in the long run. I looked around the state and after nearly four years found our forever home, low taxes, low insurance and low HOA in a community that ranges from singles, young couples, families, empty nesters and retirees. Plus only 15 min from the beach.

What I am saying here is do your homework. Move to Florida and rent for at least 1 year. Then decide where you really want to live. Research, research and research. Ask questions. Talk to residents. Learn about construction in Florida. Travel the state. You never know. You might just fall in love with a totally different part of the state.

Old 05-05-2019, 05:05 PM

13 posts, read 35,707 times
We moved to FL in 2000 into a DiVosta home (with poured concrete) that we love. Recent events in our community have been a concern. The website Nextdoor has had a bad effect and there have been Board changes that worry some of us financially. So I thought maybe it’s time for a change. But clearly I’m spoiled with my taxes based on our original home price. We may end up feeling very fortunate with “the devil we know”. I am astonished at the fees in Tradition and the fact it’s hard to find the actual total. When I researched it appeared to be about $1K annually over the property tax. But that wouldn’t come close to the total percentage the salesperson gave me of 2.2%. St. Lucie County seems to be about a percentage point under that. So I’m confused.

Despite the appeal of the models at Del Webb Tradition, we may well be better off staying where we are.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:26 PM

Palm Beach County’s effective tax rate is 1.26%, which makes it the third-highest in Florida, according to a report by ATTOM Data Solutions. Average property taxes were $5,386, the report said. Palm Beach County just had an increase in their rate effective 2019.

The median property tax in Palm Beach County, Florida is $2,679 per year for a home worth the median value of $261,900. Palm Beach County collects, on average, 1.02% of a property's assessed fair market value as property tax.
Avg. 1.24% of home value

The median property tax in St. Lucie County, Florida is $2,198 per year for a home worth the median value of $177,200. St. Lucie County collects, on average, 1.24% of a property's assessed fair market value as property tax.

this info is from: http://www.tax-rates.org/florida/st....y_property_tax

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 05-05-2019 at 06:46 PM..

Old 05-05-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirl2FL View Post
We moved to FL in 2000 into a DiVosta home (with poured concrete) that we love. Recent events in our community have been a concern. The website Nextdoor has had a bad effect and there have been Board changes that worry some of us financially.

Just a note on NextDoor -- it's not website that DOES anything. It's ONLY a place that YOU as a homeowner can join in and post things of interest, or questions, to your neighbors in your own community, or other neighborhoods nearby, if they are included.

The only effect it can have is what you make of it since it doesn't RUN anything. It's like being here... on City-Data. City-Data doesn't have a say on ANYTHING ANYWHERE. It's posts made by people asking opinions or help with something... anything.

If you have Board changes then you need to attend your Board Meeting like every other Homeowner in The Lakes should. The only changes in /on a Board are MADE BY THE HOMEOWNERS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach