Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 07:42 AM

8 posts, read 47,337 times

Advertisements

We're currently living in Tradition (Port St. Lucie) and renting. We're looking at a house to purchase in Portofino Shores (Ft. Pierce). Can anyone give me a little insight into what the surrounding area offers as well as feedback from anyone who may live in the area (likes, dislikes, etc). When I drove out of the complex I didn't see much in the way of restaurants, stores, etc.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 05:40 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
Ahem... are you REALLY thinking of leaving our safe place here in Tradition for ....ahem.. Portofino Shores in Ft. Pierce??? Have you reallly investigated that area and who lives there aka section 8 and such? I mean, why would you leave here for ..there? Sorry, I just don't find a reason except if you like foreclosures and in the middle of nowhere...

ok.. yes I live here in Tradition in Heritage Oaks and I work in RE here in Tradition but personal opinion is what I am stating.. not anything else. Beware.....is all I am saying

Old 05-31-2008, 07:09 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,029,725 times
Um, you already live in the area. Go to the sheriffs office and get a printout of the calls in the area for the last six months. Look at the paper. Ask the neighbors. you already live in the area, for pete's sake.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:41 AM

1 posts, read 8,974 times
Exclamation Portofino Shores HOA is horrific

The strictest of the strict, fines for everything, things that you would never think of, ask any resident, one of the many reasons i am moving out of the neighborhood: my house was broken into through the sliding glass door. While waiting for an estimate and order of glass, which is not a standard size, i put my hurricane shutters up bc i had to leave town for work for a week. I came back, my house was completely left unlocked and the front door was wide open. I noticed that my sliding glass door was replaced. Nice gesture, however, they sent me a bill double the cost, broke into my house without advising me of the matter (my belongings were there!!!! they never called me!!!!!!!!) AND LEFT THE HOUSE COMPLETELY UNLOCKED FOR ANYONE TO COME IN! I WAS OUT OF TOWN. Do not let me forget they fined me 500 dollars for each day of the week the shutters were up. Not to mention, the hedges needed to be trimmed so they tacked on another 100 dollars per day of that same week. Thank god, i did not get robbed twice in the same "gated" community, especially since they broke in and left it unlocked. I guess i did get robbed bc i apparently owe 9,000 in fees!

Old 11-04-2010, 08:33 AM

8 posts, read 47,337 times
Holy cow. I ended up in PGA Village...thank you all for letting me know.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:28 AM

2 posts, read 16,189 times
I realize the person who started this thread has already gone elsewhere, but for the benefit of others who may read this, I feel I must rebut these comments. There were a lot of problems here several years ago while the community was still in the hands of the developer. It was a new development just as the real estate market was crashing--ungated, lots of Section 8 rentals, lots of problems. It is no longer like that. We now have a very pleasant quiet neighborhood. Obviously I don't know everyone, but everyone I know loves living here. I know several people who initially rented here, then bought homes here.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 7,682 times
Default Portofino Shores is a great place

We have been here since Aug 2010 and have made more friends than you can imagine. the homes are beautiful and is it a great community. The schools are not so great, so investigate options a year or so before coming in.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 5,807 times
I am currently living in Ajijic, MX and thinking about moving back to the States. I have seen a beautiful house in Portofino Shores and am wondering what it is like to live there?
There have been no current replies to that question, and I would like some info on Portofno Shores and the area.
I am originally from Boston and know very little about Florida.
Thanks for any help!

Old 06-14-2012, 07:08 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
Actually there was one recently. Just do a search. My opinion since the 2009 post hasn't changed. Its in the middle of nowhere for any kind of shopping and if you can rent a 5 bdrm 2500 sq ft house for $1200... makes ya wanna go hummmmm

Old 09-08-2012, 09:04 PM

4 posts, read 24,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anneroche View Post
I am currently living in Ajijic, MX and thinking about moving back to the States. I have seen a beautiful house in Portofino Shores and am wondering what it is like to live there?
There have been no current replies to that question, and I would like some info on Portofno Shores and the area.
I am originally from Boston and know very little about Florida.
Thanks for any help!

Things here in Portofino are really great,we have a house here and really love it,everything is just minutes away,shopping and the beautiful beaches are great !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach