Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,372 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My family and I are excited be move from Massachusetts to the Cape Elizabeth area this July. I am looking for any suggestions regarding summer camps in the area. My five year old son will be starting kindergarden in the fall and I would love for him to have an chance to meet some of his classmates before September. Are there any camps that you would suggest that children in the area typically attend and enjoy? I also have a three year old daughter and one year old son. Any additional camp recommendations for a three year old would be wonderful to hear about. Other than that I'd welcome any suggestions regarding community events that shouldn't be missed in the summer! Thank you so very much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 10:59 AM

404 posts, read 778,869 times
Youth Programs | Cape Elizabeth Community Services

and click on the brochure link or
click here: Complete Brochure Summer2015

There are lots of other summer programs in maine but I figured you could start looking at this.

There is another one that comes to mind near by...can't think of the name right now...butI'll be driving past it in a day or two and will post it here then.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:48 AM

1,885 posts, read 2,902,305 times
My suggestion would be a Montessori summer camp. Here's one. Pine Grove School - Maine Summer Camps

and another....Scroll down to North Atlantic Montessori School summer camp. Summer Camp Directory | sentry.mainelymediallc.com | South Portland Sentry

Old 04-19-2015, 01:46 PM

404 posts, read 778,869 times
This is the one I was thinking of Home | Camp Ketcha | Scarborough Maine That is very near by to cape in scarborough.

and here is a whole Maine Kids Camp search organization
Maine Summer Camps | Search over 100 Camps in Maine

Hope you'll find something in here helpful.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,372 times
All of these suggestions are so helpful. I had been reviewing the youth programs offered through Cape Elizabeth Community Services and the summer camp at the Pine Grove School but I hadn't come across Camp Ketcha or the Maine Kids Camp search organization. I can't thank all of you enough! I'm so glad there seem to be a number of great options in the area. I'm sure I will be able to find a good fit for my kids! Thank you!

Old 04-19-2015, 10:21 PM

22 posts, read 25,879 times
While I don't live in Maine (yet!) we did tour Pine Grove on our last trip as we are planning to move soon and we love our son's current Montessori school. I was very impressed with Pine Grove- it is an old school house with woods for a backyard and the teachers seemed reliable and genuine. I think it would be an excellent option though I don't have any idea if there will be many other children from Cape Elizabeth there as it is in Falmouth. It isn't a long drive (by my standards at least) but maybe long enough that people look for alternatives closer to home. Good luck on your move and enjoy Cape Elizabeth. I am jealous

Old 05-20-2015, 07:59 AM

177 posts, read 410,897 times
I second the Camp Ketcha suggestion! My kids have gone there for summer camps several times and it's great. The camp counselors are top notch - great with kids and very good about remembering water/sunscreen/etc. Their regular day camps have swimming (with lessons if they need them!), games, archery, ropes course, and more.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:00 PM

73 posts, read 114,672 times
I appreciate these posts also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area