Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 08:38 AM

146 posts, read 496,325 times

Advertisements

Is it a good school?
I know there is racial diversity, but are there any racial conflicts or tension?

Academically it seems very good.

Any inside information on Grant is appreciated.

How does it compare to Lincoln?

Thanks everyone, any information is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 02:00 PM

146 posts, read 496,325 times
*plugs in thread

*turns it on

tap tap tap

Any information is appreciated....thanks everyone.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:19 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,488,035 times
The number of regular posters on this Portland sub-forum is small compared to the Portland Metro population. The percentage of those who have high school aged children is even smaller and mostly live in the 'burbs; but to expect someone who recently has (or had) a child in Grant, is maybe too much to hope for.

ALL Portland and Multnomah county schools are facing money problems right now, as almost every school district in the country. There is disparity in extra curricular activities between the High Schools in Portland Public School system, I don't know how Grant stacks up with Wilson or Lincoln (which are the two on the West side of Portland's downtown) for things like modern dance, band, orchestra, choir, theater, and such. But then again, I don't know any the specifics on Grant.

Phil

Old 10-05-2010, 09:16 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,591,101 times
My DH graduated from Grant 55 years ago. Sorry I can't help with the current situation. I have not heard anything bad about Grant, the grandchildren of my classmates (Lincoln) are in the Grant area but much too young. All I can say is that families with a record of high academic achievement have no concerns that I am aware of.

It is a big school, there should be lots of academic and activity opportunities. Heck, it is as big as UofO when I was a freshman. If it were my child I would make sure that s/he did not get lost, take their emotional temperature regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland