Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 07:42 AM
YaB YaB started this thread

26 posts, read 40,729 times

Advertisements

**This topic is an informative thread that I hope that will help anybody out there. This thread will be a bit long, but I wanted to try to have all the information in one outline.**

Hi everyone, I’ve been searching through these forums since early December and found a good amount of information to read up on. I’m glad that I was able to discover such an informative forum! I want to make this thread informative, so I’m hoping the information that I provide can help out others in my situation.

Here’s a quick description of who I am. My girlfriend and I are making plans to move to Portland, Oregon from Peoria, Arizona. I’m originally from the Philippines and I was raised in Anchorage, Alaska. I left Anchorage in 2003 to go to college in Phoenix and graduated in 2006. I never thought I’d be in Arizona for this long, but I believe that it’s time to move on from here.

I’ve been to Portland, Oregon twice now. First time was in 2009 to see what Portland is all about and I loved it, Portland reminded me a lot of Anchorage and I missed the cold weather. The second time was driving through Portland, Oregon and stayed for 1 night the summer of 2012 (drove from Anchorage, AK to Peoria, AZ on a 4 day trip). I quickly realized how much I missed Portland.

I’m researching everything about the surrounding neighborhoods of Portland, here on the forums from what all of you have posted. I mapped out apartments in areas such as Beaverton, Bethany, Clackamas, and Happy Valley to name a few. I’ve also mapped restaurants (thanks to Yelp.com!), mall, park, and other locations that helped me look at different areas.

My girlfriend and I will be arriving in Portland in March for about 6 days to check the areas we plan to visit. This will give us a good idea and feel of the surrounding neighborhoods.

The threads below have helped me get a good insight from the forum members. I hope the threads will help you as it helped me obtain information.

General moving information

Moving from Phoenix to Portland

Exploring Oregon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 08:07 AM
YaB YaB started this thread

26 posts, read 40,729 times
Here are other websites that are helpful to me, I discovered the websites below from other threads:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland