Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:54 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,909,219 times

Advertisements

Oh, HELL! I need to get out more... at least to these Mexican food establishments all over Portland Metro. I am sheltered. This thread has turned out to be quite useful.
JayLay- you are fitting in just fine. I say, "bring on your Philly"!

Old 07-25-2013, 06:06 AM

322 posts, read 547,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelessadvocate View Post
Yet another perfect example of what I was referring to... Yes, if your IN America you SHOULD speak American(not Mexican, sorry we really don't speak that here).. But you are correct, you do spread, just like the song(you know which song I mean right?).. Im sure you'll fit right in.. And believe it or not I DIDN'T start out this way, with an attitude towards Mexicans, I used to like them, seriously.. Then I started living around them, and THEY changed me.. So if your going to blame someone, blame your fellow tecate swilling lazy dirty compadres for making a non-racist into a part-racist!!
I really have to learn the multi quote thing so I can stop with the bullet points. And I know he's baiting me but you know what, fish on *******!

"Yes, if your IN America you SHOULD speak American(not Mexican, sorry we really don't speak that here)"
  • So glad you answered that way, it truly exposes your ingnorance. Mexican and American aren't languages dude, with smarts like this I can't imagine why you can't land a job.
"And believe it or not I DIDN'T start out this way, with an attitude towards Mexicans, I used to like them, seriously.. Then I started living around them, and THEY changed me"
  • I'm going with Not on this one. But I'm sure some of your best friends were Mexican right? Again, typical deflection of responsibility. "They" changed me, please. You can be a racist prick, it's your perogative, but that's a choice..not an enviornmental circumstance.
"So if your going to blame someone, blame your fellow tecate swilling lazy dirty compadres for making a non-racist into a part-racist!!"
  • It must be nice to wander throught life with a completely clear conscious and absent of blame or responsibility for your actions, are you related to Lindsay Lohan by any chance?
  • Tecate is fantastic, although I don't always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis..just sayin.
  • No such animal as a part-racist amigo, you either are or you aren't.
So enough of this guy. Thanks to all for putting a funny spin on this with listing your favorite Mexican food joints in the area I was hoping to find a good Taqueria in the area, so hard to find good ones Back East. I also appreciate your Passive Aggressive show of support, it wasn't lost on me.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:04 AM

322 posts, read 547,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Great idea!

But in honor of this threads Original Poster, Senor Homelessadvocato, I propose that we share our favorite "Mexican" owned businesses.

My vote is for the restaurant "Super Torte" with locations in Oregon City, and on Woodstock Blvd, a little east of 52 Ave.

Senor Homelessadvocato..flippin classic. Well played Miguel..

Old 07-25-2013, 09:09 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,543,983 times
I made a mistake, here is the place I went:

Don Camaron - Portland, OR

Get the garlic shrimp.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:13 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,975 times
Quote:
Yet another perfect example of what I was referring to... Yes, if your IN America you SHOULD speak American(not Mexican, sorry we really don't speak that here).. But you are correct, you do spread, just like the song(you know which song I mean right?).. Im sure you'll fit right in.. And believe it or not I DIDN'T start out this way, with an attitude towards Mexicans, I used to like them, seriously.. Then I started living around them, and THEY changed me.. So if your going to blame someone, blame your fellow tecate swilling lazy dirty compadres for making a non-racist into a part-racist!!

Considering your lifestyle choices, you probably are just living around Mexicans who chose to live the same lower-tier existence as you.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,455,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
El Charrito! HELL YEAH! The only thing in Molalla worth a damn. Arroz con Camarones... is wow... and the protions are very generous for the price.

We went there one day after a trip up the Molalla River to see Opal Pool or Molalla eye or whatever it's called.. I want to go there again now.

I drive by La Carreta every day but no one ever knows anything about it. If you are putting it in the same company as El Charrito, I will have to try it. The price just looks too low to have good food.
El Charrito and La Carreta both serve mexican food, but are very different places.

El is small, family run, cozy, and has great food!

La is a lot bigger, serves way more people, and isn't as close and personal.

I would rate El over La in terms of the food, but they're both good!

Old 07-25-2013, 02:59 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadylady View Post

Casa Amiga, Grants Pass.
Lupe Mobile Cantina......Wolf Creek......bueno...yum.....

Old 07-25-2013, 03:20 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,625,785 times
Since we're spreading this statewide, my family always liked El Sol de Mexico in Corvallis: Corvallis, Oregon » El Sol

Old 07-25-2013, 04:33 PM

775 posts, read 1,259,601 times
Quote:
Weird, I dont know anyone who speaks Mexican.
Maybe you should study up on your language knowledge. You know, on that computer you have.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:21 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,710,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpop View Post
Since we're spreading this statewide, my family always liked El Sol de Mexico in Corvallis: Corvallis, Oregon » El Sol
I have ate here several times when I lived in Corvallis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland