Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 07:08 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,333,043 times

Advertisements

I think the 8,000 rider protest against big oil starts in Normandy Park this year. Men, Women, and Children of all ages are welcome.

I may shed the clothes on my 300 pound frame and ride just to protest the ride. That'll show 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 07:13 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,709,285 times
What I don't understand is how come they allow this, but arrest a guy for playing the violin naked in Portland.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:17 PM

Because, and I quote the Portland Police Bureau, "We will look the other way as long as you are wearing a helmet and shoes." Funny thing is the helmet may be required, but the shoes aren't.

Also as long as it is not done to sexually arose, nudity is not illegal in Portland, or anywhere else in Oregon.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:18 PM

And ... I am not even sure the helmet is required if over 21.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:18 PM

899 posts, read 2,942,216 times
OH, I have just been watching all of this on KATU and laughing at the people that don't want it to happen..
If a person has the guts to ride his or her bike with 8,000 other close personal naked friends then why not.
Its all just TOOOOOOO ! FUNNNNY! and we all need a good tummy shaking laugh once in a while..

Old 05-26-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamh View Post
OH, I have just been watching all of this on KATU and laughing at the people that don't want it to happen..

If a person has the guts to ride his or her bike with 8,000 other close personal naked friends then why not.

Its all just TOOOOOOO ! FUNNNNY! and we all need a good tummy shaking laugh once in a while..

If I ride, you will see a tummy shaking.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
I have seen a few naked bike rides while working downtown, always an entertaining event as a bystander. I know people who have been a participant and they have all said the same thing, all you see with Naked Bike Ride when you are in it is a bunch of butt cracks.

And I believe it is 18 and older are not required to wear a helmet, though I would always wear my helmet when biking around town. I am so excited about getting back to Portland and getting back into biking daily, I was in much better shape when I lived there.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:29 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,531,261 times
Scott... dude, not a fair comparison bro that is like totally different.
we can do this....well cause.... bro..it's like a protest against like big oil and stuff you know.. and like riding a bicycle like... is like symbolic because like we aren't using cars we're using like bicycles and they don't use oil.. except like the chain but I totally use animal fat to grease my chain like.... not you know slaughter animals but like you know animals that died of natural causes..
cause i'm like vegan... and like it's like natural to ride your bike naked.... I rode naked all the time at Evergreen mostly like I just lost my pants sometimes.. You know like pants gnomes. What were we talking about again? Oh yeah sticking it to the man. Take that Exxon and Techron and Space Age and Safeway and like one other like train company sending oil through Portland or something.... I don't know I read about it the Mercury, but its totally bad bro. Anyway, I'm totally riding my bike naked because like.. you know big oil...and social injustices and poverty and like starving kids and stuff.

Last edited by AndyAMG; 05-26-2014 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: down with big oil and agra and GMOs bro

Old 05-26-2014, 07:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
People are aware that Naked Bike Ride is an annual event and is done in cities all over the world.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have seen a few naked bike rides while working downtown, always an entertaining event as a bystander. I know people who have been a participant and they have all said the same thing, all you see with Naked Bike Ride when you are in it is a bunch of butt cracks.

And I believe it is 18 and older are not required to wear a helmet, though I would always wear my helmet when biking around town. I am so excited about getting back to Portland and getting back into biking daily, I was in much better shape when I lived there.

I quoted the Portland Police Bureau, "We will look the other way as long as you are wearing a helmet and shoes."

I also don't think the law requires a helmet for adults, but if you want them to look the other way .... Well I did quote them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland