Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 10:09 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,455,954 times

Advertisements

It's the "TimberSexual" look.

Those big beards get kinda ratty looking when they are covered with snot and ice.

Add a greasy "man-bun" that's been covered up by a wool cap for a month, and there ya go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 12:11 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,410,495 times
Default lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Dave View Post
I've never seen so many rough-looking people in my life!

Even the people who aren't homeless look homeless!
I think we're just 'comfortable'. Not much pretentiousness or caring what the other guy thinks. Lots of designer clothing, now, to help with that look, wouldn't you say? It's easy-breezy in Portland, so relax
and go with the flow...
Koale

Old 01-06-2016, 12:37 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,583 times
Downtown Dave wasn't that impressed by what he saw at the Greyhound Bus Station in Chinatown and just went back to Dallas.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:45 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,532,400 times
Portland doesn't have attractive people in large numbers... I would say that is a fair assessment. Less attractive than most areas of the country I would even say.

Every where I went in the Midwest and sunny places beautiful people were the rule not the exception.

Portlanders tend to be overweight and homely looking and they don't tend to wear nice clothes. Today, I look pretty homeless.

I get what OP is saying. There are some very rough looking people in Portland. And not because of tats or hair style. Just no matter what you did they would not be attractive. The massive amount of smokers we have here does not help either.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:48 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,909,219 times
I could tell DDave where to find the women who carry handbags that cost 2K and upwards but why? It is more casual and outdoor wear oriented here but that's a good thing because wearing yoga tights gives the wearer the incentive to look good in them. And if you need evidence that toned and beautiful people live here then count the number of cycle, barre, yoga and Pilates studios in The Pearl. Plus... natural beauty is always better IMO.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:36 PM
FSF

261 posts, read 312,190 times
Here's the thing OP, you don't need other people (whether they're attractive or not) to keep you from being depressed. Life and Portland is what you choose to make of it. It doesn't owe you or me or anyone anything. It's not up to Portland or any city to pick up your spirits. If you can't do that for yourself, then you have bigger problems that should be considered.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:11 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,968,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Portland doesn't have attractive people in large numbers... I would say that is a fair assessment. Less attractive than most areas of the country I would even say.

Every where I went in the Midwest and sunny places beautiful people were the rule not the exception.

Portlanders tend to be overweight and homely looking and they don't tend to wear nice clothes. Today, I look pretty homeless.

I get what OP is saying. There are some very rough looking people in Portland. And not because of tats or hair style. Just no matter what you did they would not be attractive. The massive amount of smokers we have here does not help either.
I agree. While there are attractive people in Portland, most of them are probably college students or exotic dancers. Oregonians in general are pretty homely. I think the weather and the lack of Vitamin D makes people care less, though then again the English are far more fashionable and kempt than Oregonians.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:49 PM

121 posts, read 166,380 times
Not only do the gainfully employed look homeless here in downtown, but the beards on some of these people. My gosh!

I saw someone that had a beard so big and nasty there was a seagull trying to eat a McDonalds wrapper inside the beard.

Gross - and don't even get me started about the men's beards!

Old 01-07-2016, 02:54 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Dave View Post
Not only do the gainfully employed look homeless here in downtown, but the beards on some of these people. My gosh!

I saw someone that had a beard so big and nasty there was a seagull trying to eat a McDonalds wrapper inside the beard.

Gross - and don't even get me started about the men's beards!
Well that is because I like the fact that I can store food in it, and it keeps me warm in the winter, it is like a big furry blanket.

So tell us Downtown Dave, how is Dallas this time of year?

Old 01-07-2016, 03:18 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,909,219 times
I am downtown several times a week and rarely see big beards but inner SE maybe. Sure the OP was really downtown? Typical look is more like- woman in 30's-50's wearing simple black or neutral outfit with a Longchamp tote and boots. Men are often in dark suits or business casual. PSU students dress like other hip college students from other popular cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland