Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 06:53 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Good luck tonight, it looks like all hell is going to break loose to make the 100th night of rioting one for the history books - to the point that apparently it hasn’t yet - how many casualties and buildings damaged not to mention Portland’s national reputation?

It was a great place to be born, grow up and visit frequently, can’t see a reason to go these days. I’m with the mayor, time to bail on it.

BTW I loathe Trump with every fiber of my being so don’t ascribe my assessment to any right wing conspiracy sites or love for them.
So were you here when Bush described it as little Beirut, but now it's so different? Okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 07:46 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
Sounds like every opinion piece that you don't agree with is propaganda. That's fine, it's opinion. You act like the NYT by printing an opinion piece is pushing some sort of narrative when it's clear that their opinion pieces, much like the WSJ, are separate from the news side.
The last time the New York Times published an opinion piece on the street violence by a conservative it fired the editor of its editorial section and declared the piece never should have been published. So much for not having a narrative.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:18 PM

334 posts, read 170,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Good luck tonight, it looks like all hell is going to break loose to make the 100th night of rioting one for the history books - to the point that apparently it hasn’t yet - how many casualties and buildings damaged not to mention Portland’s national reputation?

It was a great place to be born, grow up and visit frequently, can’t see a reason to go these days. I’m with the mayor, time to bail on it.

BTW I loathe Trump with every fiber of my being so don’t ascribe my assessment to any right wing conspiracy sites or love for them.
Hell of a way though for a national political party to try to influence or win an election...putting up a weak ticket used to be just that, now we have to deal with contrived anarchy in the streets to scapegoat the incumbent.

Last edited by Castlebar; 09-05-2020 at 08:51 PM..

Old 09-05-2020, 09:49 PM

41 posts, read 25,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
The nightly Portland riots are starting to move the needle in Trump’s direction so national media like the NYT are peddling the claim that no real violence is occurring in Portland. They walk around Portland during the day and don’t see “hundreds of rioters” and claim that’s evidence that it’s all a hoax perpetrated by Trump. Meanwhile the mayor of Portland had to move out of his apartment building because his neighbors were living in fear of rioters burning their building down.

Trump and the Attack of the Invisible Anarchists - Paul Krugman, NYT
Would that be Feckless Ted?

Old 09-05-2020, 10:52 PM

Quote:
The last time the New York Times published an opinion piece on the street violence by a conservative it fired the editor of its editorial section and declared the piece never should have been published. So much for not having a narrative.
Can you tell me who got fired? I recall the editor who resigned after admitting he didn't read a piece that he published.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:09 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,524 times
Quote:
Can you tell me who got fired? I recall the editor who resigned after admitting he didn't read a piece that he published.
There’s zero chance James Bennet would have been allowed to stay on as editorial page editor after naively allowing a deviation from the NYT’s party line so his ‘resignation’ was effectively a termination.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:19 PM

Quote:
There’s zero chance James Bennet would have been allowed to stay on as editorial page editor after naively allowing a deviation from the NYT’s party line so his ‘resignation’ was effectively a termination.
There you go making up facts. The fact is he admitted to not reading an editorial that he approved and resigned.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:25 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Can someone with media skills please set this to Benny Hill music:

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...76966801539073

Old 09-05-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Can someone with media skills please set this to Benny Hill music:

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...76966801539073
https://twitter.com/DarkNookShop/sta...764194818?s=20

Old 09-05-2020, 11:40 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
hahahaha I love the internet!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland