Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2020, 07:16 AM

51 posts, read 43,467 times

Advertisements

I will be in Portland the first week of October.
Where should I stay away from to get away from this violent rioting bullsh*t?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2020, 06:03 AM

41 posts, read 25,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melzombie View Post
Medford.

Old 09-26-2020, 12:14 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Boise

Old 10-01-2020, 10:41 PM

353 posts, read 437,596 times
Stay away from downtown and keep track of the news of where "protests" will be happening. Get yourself a good map of Portland so you can orient yourself as to where downtown and the rest of the neighborhoods reside. You will be fine!

Old 10-05-2020, 09:23 AM

5,462 posts, read 8,180,020 times
Antifa tried to take a flag from a woman of color yesterday. She fought back and they were unsuccessful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srgy...hannel=AndyNgo

Old 10-05-2020, 02:19 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,859,347 times
Good on her.

I particularly liked the fat little blue haired punk trying to assert herself as some sort of authoritarian figure.
What a bunch of dopes.

Old 10-06-2020, 09:37 AM

5,462 posts, read 8,180,020 times
September protest arrests: 213

September protest arrests charges dropped: 180
https://www.koin.com/news/protests/h...-in-september/

Old 10-06-2020, 12:14 PM

333 posts, read 329,066 times
Quote:
I know people are sort of joking, but I wonder how many of the people answering this question (or, more broadly, on this thread) are actually here in Portland. I think it is accurate to say that the violent protests are being conducted by a small cadre (no more than a 100 people at this point) of people who just can't let go of their little movement. They come up with a plan online to meet and go to either the station at 47th and Burnside, East Precinct, North Precinct, the ICE building in the S. Waterfront, or the PPB union building in Kenton. This is happening between 9pm-12am daily. The downtown protests have died down to basically nothing, and what is happening there is peaceful.

I've been in Portland everyday since all this started, out and about all over town, and I have yet to encounter a protest. Like most criminal activity, it should not impact anyone unless they go looking for it.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:17 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
No violent protesting ,only your lying eyes.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:23 PM

10,068 posts, read 7,239,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyBeezy View Post
I know people are sort of joking, but I wonder how many of the people answering this question (or, more broadly, on this thread) are actually here in Portland. I think it is accurate to say that the violent protests are being conducted by a small cadre (no more than a 100 people at this point) of people who just can't let go of their little movement. They come up with a plan online to meet and go to either the station at 47th and Burnside, East Precinct, North Precinct, the ICE building in the S. Waterfront, or the PPB union building in Kenton. This is happening between 9pm-12am daily. The downtown protests have died down to basically nothing, and what is happening there is peaceful.

I've been in Portland everyday since all this started, out and about all over town, and I have yet to encounter a protest. Like most criminal activity, it should not impact anyone unless they go looking for it.
That is EXACTLY how it is.

I would say that it gets to be several hundred sometimes.

It's not even all that different than the slow burn of demonstrations Portland always has, somewhere, about something. Just somewhat bigger. Every weekend in Portland there's somebody protesting something. It's just that it would be like 10, 20, 30 people at most. Now it's about 10x that many, in the hundreds.

I'd estimate there are about 1000-1500 people total active in the ongoing "movement." We see a different couple hundred of them at those locations you mentioned any given night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland