Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2020, 05:36 PM

5,462 posts, read 8,180,020 times

Advertisements

The owner of the Red House in the autonomous zone has offered to sell it back:

“Ozeruga, the real estate investor, said he fears for his family’s well-being because of the protest activity. “I myself am a father of little kids,” he said. “I don’t have a publicity team or even a lawyer for this. I’m concerned for safety to be honest.””

““We are a small family business, we don’t seek to hurt anyone of course,” said Roman Ozeruga, who bought the home at a foreclosure sale in 2018 for $260,000. “

The whole story: https://www.koin.com/news/national/i...hed-sell-home/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 09:03 PM

10,068 posts, read 7,239,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBobTX View Post
What exactly are they protesting?
Predatory lending practices and gentrification.

Old 12-11-2020, 09:38 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,859,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Predatory lending practices and gentrification.
Riiiight
Because the lenders made the family's kid to stupid illegal activities and then forced the family to borrow $ to bail him out.

There is no such thing as "predatory lending". People voluntarily enter these contracts.
It is a Fake issue as are most of alleged societal ills the Portland scumbags whine about.

Old 12-12-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Riiiight
Because the lenders made the family's kid to stupid illegal activities and then forced the family to borrow $ to bail him out.

There is no such thing as "predatory lending". People voluntarily enter these contracts.
It is a Fake issue as are most of alleged societal ills the Portland scumbags whine about.
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...re-twists.html

They were in distress. The kid had gotten into a car accident and needed to pay the legal bills for their son, and were looking for any way to do it so they took out a sub-prime high variable interest loan on the house, which before they had owned outright. And they were paying their bills until 2017 when their loan got sold and two companies claimed to be their servicer and have them send payments. It was foreclosed and now is owned by a developer who stands to triple his investment if he can sell the house for its market price of $700k that he paid $260k for.

Of all the things they complain about, this is one I strongly concur. That whole North Portland area is in the process of turning into a yuppie enclave. Should have been protests about this type of thing a long time ago and in a lot of places besides Portland.

Looks like the son is in charge now. He claims the loan should be cancelled due to some kind of indigenous loophole, but sounds like he's been spending the last 3 years throwing legal spaghetti at the wall to not pay the loan (that sounds like a familiar legal strategy to me, hmmmm...).

The son now has a GoFundMe account with $300k in it. Seems to me a resolution would be to allow him to use that money to purchase the house back from the developer who won the auction, who has indicated he's willing to sell it back for what he paid. If I were the son I would then turn around and sell the house for market price.

Last edited by redguard57; 12-12-2020 at 02:11 PM..

Old 12-12-2020, 08:26 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times
Quote:
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...re-twists.html

They were in distress. The kid had gotten into a car accident . . Looks like the son is in charge now. He claims the loan should be cancelled due to some kind of indigenous loophole . . .
He ran a stop sign and killed an 83 year old man and injured his wife. The "loophole" is sovereign nation status for his family property that exempts them from U. S. law.

I agree with the predatory lending claim. The financially naive parents were taken advantage of under duress.

Old 12-12-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
He ran a stop sign and killed an 83 year old man and injured his wife. The "loophole" is sovereign nation status for his family property that exempts them from U. S. law.

I agree with the predatory lending claim. The financially naive parents were taken advantage of under duress.
Probably had no or minimal auto insurance I suspect.

Old 12-13-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousoutsider View Post
Could we please gentrify my neighborhood? I wouldn't mind my property value dramatically increasing.
Here, you can see how it affected these people: https://youtu.be/vMZYiv_jf2U

Old 12-13-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
They might be forced to live in their 2nd home they own. One man's gentrification is another man's desegregation.
You gonna blame that on some other entity to?

Old 12-13-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Blame what? The fact that they have a 2nd option, so they aren't really going to be homeless as portrayed by the protestors? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.
Sorry my mistake. I must have clicked wrong post.

Intent was to comment on redguard's insufficient insurance post.

Old 12-17-2020, 08:09 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Probably had no or minimal auto insurance I suspect.
The laws in the autonomous zone have no requirement of insurance for drivers. Their courts don't either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland