Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 10:38 AM

109 posts, read 319,373 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I have been lurking awhile, but have decided to venture out into the forum, finally. My husband and I have been discussing moving to Portland from Michigan for a while, and lately we have been getting really serious about it. I can easily transfer jobs because my company has a Portland office, but my husband would have to quit his high paying job and find another one. Cross-country job searching is proving to be a challenge because we have zero connections out there, so he has been mostly sending resumes in response to any job posting he might be qualified for. My question is, does anybody have any recommendations or referrals for getting a government job in Portland? We are afraid of moving out there with him still not having a job because we don't want to drain our savings, but the long distance job serach is proving to be a daunting task.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully this all works out. And I'll make sure my girlfriends come visit often so we can remedy the "lack of babes" situation I read about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 04:31 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
You really need to be specific about what kind of job he would be seeking. US IRS is the same across the country, they do have their counterparts in the State but most of those jobs are in Salem, for example. Because of the downturn in construction there will be few Planner and Building Inspector positions anywhere. Most communities have sewer plants, so if he has the appropriate licence finding those openings isn't difficult. If you can be more specific we could be of more help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland