Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 05:54 PM

19 posts, read 41,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Just curious: Where are you off to?
He's not telling anyone. Look at his second post: " I'm not telling because I don't want it to be destroyed like Portland."

Old 05-10-2010, 09:52 PM

172 posts, read 537,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
This Mayberry/Stepfordville/ Stephen-King-town-with-a-deadly-secret will turn out to be a crushing disappointment, I'm sure. Likely they will be just as disappointed in you.
It's called The Truman Show, he just hasn't noticed the cameras yet.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:41 PM

60 posts, read 270,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobomo View Post
He's not telling anyone. Look at his second post: " I'm not telling because I don't want it to be destroyed like Portland."
Does anyone else find this ridiculously funny? He/she sounds like a young child.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:15 AM

28 posts, read 29,883 times
I have 160 gorgeous acres just 10 minutes outside of the town I'm moving. Elk herd, peace and quiet, big trees, mountain views. Can't hear a thing except birds and the wind. The town has an organic food store, nice locally owned coffeehouses, a community theatre, farmers market, jazz in the park and on and on.

Enjoy the homeless, the traffic, the noise, the filth, the "up yours" attitude, 20% unemployment, run down neighborhoods, gang graffiti, illegal invaders and all the other nastiness that Portland offers. Rip City! LOL!!!

Old 05-11-2010, 09:34 AM

666 posts, read 1,844,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmyzee View Post
Enjoy the homeless, the traffic, the noise, the filth, the "up yours" attitude, 20% unemployment, run down neighborhoods, gang graffiti, illegal invaders and all the other nastiness that Portland offers. Rip City! LOL!!!
Irony. How are we going to enjoy the "up yours" attitude if you're leaving?

By your usage of "LOL" all over the place combined with your regurgitation of nonsense, you are young in either age or mentality or both. That makes sense because no mature adult would try to compare a city with over 2M people to a podunk town. Enjoy your one organic food store and the community theater that will probably be featuring shows like "Shrek", staring your new neighbor's kids. World class I'm sure.

Last edited by LeftCoastee; 05-11-2010 at 10:04 AM..

Old 05-11-2010, 10:08 AM

Living in Tualatin, I can understand your jealousy. How much culture is in Tualatin? Blue light special at the K mart? How about a table dance and a diet coke at Jiggles? What a joke.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:39 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
I have 160 gorgeous acres just 10 minutes outside of the town I'm moving. Elk herd, peace and quiet, big trees, mountain views. Can't hear a thing except birds and the wind. The town has an organic food store, nice locally owned coffeehouses, a community theatre, farmers market, jazz in the park and on and on.

I'll bet there are locals in your new "paradise" you're moving to, who will swear that it's transplants like you that are ruining their hometown for the worse...

Old 05-11-2010, 10:58 AM

My new home town is growing slowly yet steadily. There is no stress in daily life in the form of traffic, crowding or resources. The locals are warm and accepting of newcomers because there is plenty of room for everyone. The daily stresses in the Portland area are huge. That's why you see the rudeness. 20% unemployment and crowded conditions make people stressed. Enjoy the filth, Portland. Rip City!!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:58 AM

321 posts, read 1,135,911 times
There is no paradise; only tradeoffs. Hope that somewhere on those 160 acres, Zimmyzee finds a place to bury the hatchet.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:13 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,437 times
Exclamation Okay... Sorry Portland---Gotta Stick My Nose In Again

Quote:

Here we have yet another example of someone who, having tired of a particular locale for whatever reason(s), instead of leaving said place with something resembling class, instead chooses to expound how much like 'Pleasantville' the new place is, flinging backhanded insults at the residents and the old city...

To which I say---adios...bon voyage...hit the roadie, Odie...tape over the rearviews on your moving van so you won't have to see nasty ol' Portland receding into the distance and hum the theme from Andy Griffith as you head toward 'Pleasantville'...

I get REALLY sick and tired of people whining like a beeyotch on their way out of wherever to their imagined utopia, and then feel the need to give some long-winded string of smart-mouthed putdowns toward the people who still live in the place they're leaving...just know that there are several hundred thousand Portlandites who (gasp!!) LIKE Portland, and who are either working to improve the city, or who like it just the way it is, and who could give the short feathers on a woodpecker's keister about elk herds, farmer's markets, and organic food stores...just go in peace, and knock off the whiny backstabbing, already...

Portland CD-ers, I apologize humbly in advance for barging into this thread, but when I read the post I'm responding to, I'm sorry, but all that smart-a**edness just made my Midwestern blood boil

PS---my late parents visited Portland on several occasions, and had nothing but glowing reviews, hence my spirited defense of a place I have yet to set foot in LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland