Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,720 times

Advertisements

Any stuff missed by FabulousPDX? I've explored the bar and alcohol-inclusive scene of our (my!! woo!) fair city in recent months. Nice, but meh. Not because it's meh, but because I'm kinda meh about bars/clubs/LOUD, pulsating music in the first place.

Any quieter, arts-based ***** scenes or events that you'd recommend?

I'm in my late twenties, if that makes a difference. Gender*****.

Oh, also, taking note of the burlesque shows these days too. Definitely on my list of go-to's.

Thanks,

~Sam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 10:08 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,484,973 times
Sam:

Have you checked out a web site called meetup-dot-com ? (sometimes this site's censor gets fussy so I have to use the dashes)

Several LGBT, and such meetings are organized at Meet UP. I did a quick check, and even found one group just for "Lipsticks" to find sisterhood. YMMV, with meetup-dot-com in general. I have found the best groups are filled almost as soon as the meeting is posted.

- but before someone else asks, finding some activity that doesn't include loud music or sipping an alcoholic beverage, why bother with the "gay girl " label for an event? Did I miss something?

Phil

Old 08-27-2010, 02:27 PM

147 posts, read 578,367 times
PAM - free museum after 5pm tomorrow, last Friday of the month.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:41 PM

2,515 posts, read 5,026,169 times
Here's what's on the calendar at www.justout.com for tonight:

Friday, August 27, 2010

The 13th Annual Vancouver Wine & Jazz Festival. This 3-day festival features many regional acts and headline acts including Mavis Staples, Spyro Gyra, David Sanborn, and many more. (4-10 p.m., Esther Short Park, 8th & Columbia, Vancouver, $17-$60, vancouverwinejazz.com)
Dangling from the trees and suspended from the ceiling, A-WOL Dance Collective is precariously traversing the border of dream and reality yet again with their highly-anticipated, annual, signature performance of Art in the Dark. In an event that’s Oregonian to its core; unique, rustic, and entirely local – audience members are transported to a fantastical world full of wonder, awe, and unbelievable atmosphere! (8-10 p.m., Mary S. Young State Park, 19900 Willamette Dr., West Linn, $15-$35, a-woldance.org)
Tease Time: A Modern Burlesque Show presents Hot Tiki Hell featuring Miss Frankie Tease, Angelique Devil, Lucky Lucy O’Rebel and many more. (8 p.m., Whiskey Bar: 31 NW 1st Ave., $7, girlpartiespdx.com)
Summer Fun with Pink Martini! (7 p.m., Oregon Zoo, 4001 SW Canyon Rd, $32, pinkmartini.com)
JunKtion! It's a brand new monthly qu_eer dance night! August Kick-off special: $2 2-for-1 admission. Dancing, drink specials, food, pool, video poker. (9 p.m.-2:30 a.m., Local Lounge, 3536 NE MLK, $2)
Mr. Gay Pride, Ryval Theologies, presents It’s a Hard Knock Life. All entertainers are welcome to come join in the benefit for Transition Projects, Inc. (TPI) hosted by Jersey Jo-Ambers Scities Foxx & Apple Adams. (6 p.m., Embers, 110 NW Broadway, $5 donation)
The Oregon Bears take over CC’s with the Double X Dance. no cover and drink discounts for card-carrying bears, you won’t want to forget your membership card! The music is loud, the crowd is dense, and it’s the only place to see all of Portland’s yummiest bears under one roof. (9 p.m., 219 NW 3rd Ave., Free, oregonbears.org)
Electrick-Company presents Bootie, the world’s largest mash-up party. (9 p.m., Red Cap Garage, 1035 SW Stark St., $5 before 10 p.m., $10 after, BootiePortland.com)
Your friendly local feminist line of jewelry sword+fern presents its Second Anniversary Party! Live music by Lovers, skateboarding demos with Skate Like a Girl PDX, new photography by Megan Holmes, dance party with DJ Partyr Martyr, free Fool’s Gold Ale from Lompoc, amazing treats from Dovetail Bakery, and a few other surprises... (5-10 p.m., 811 E Burnside, Free, swordandfern.com)
Cirque De-Cision followed by Twisted Licious Karaoke. See August 20 listing for more information.
Film Fridays at Pivot! This week’s film: The Books of John (2007). (7 p.m., 209 SW 4th Ave, Free, pivotpdx.org)
Men’s Morning Yoga & Meditation. See August 23 listing for more information.
Bad Girls PDX present Full Moon Friday Discussion: BDSM & Spirituality. (7-9 p.m., Egyptian Club, 3701 SE Division, Free, pdxbadgirls.net)

But you asked about Thursdays; here's the listing for next Thursday:

Thursday, September 02, 2010

The Dating Game & Naughty Wrestling. Join the Red Cap gang for The Dating Game, hosted by Poison Waters. Once intermission hits, the swimming pool and slippery substances fill up the dance floor while nearly nude guys and gals grab onto each other for dear life. Who will end up on top? (10 p.m., Red Cap Garage, 1025 SW Stark, 21+, $3 cover, redcapgarage.com)
Come on out to the First Thursday opening reception for Susan Johnson’s newest oil and collage exhibition, Bits and Places, at the Waterstone Gallery. Susan will be available to talk to visitors at this reception. (3:30-9 p.m., Waterstone Gallery, 424 NW 12th Ave., Free, waterstonegallery.com)
Froelick Gallery presents the First Thursday opening reception for Five From Brooklyn, the diverse work of five compelling, young artists from Brooklyn, New York, in media including video, light projection, sculpture, works on paper, and paintings. (5-8 p.m., Froelick Gallery, 714 NW Davis, Free, froelickgallery.com)
Savoir Faire Burlesque & Vaudeville Revue. See September 26 listing for more information.
Latino Night at Silverado. Hosted by MC Stan with music by DJ O and of course hot male dancers! (10 p.m., Silverado, 318 SW 3rd Ave., silveradopdx.com)
Cirque De-Cision followed by Burlesque Karaoke. See August 20 listing for more information.
Men’s Morning Yoga & Meditation. See August 23 listing for more information.
Men’s Yoga Basics. See August 26 listing for more information.
PABA Biz Builders meeting. (7-9 a.m., 4115 N Mississippi, Free, info@paba.com, pdxqcenter.org)

Anything here catch your interest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland