Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:16 AM

1 posts, read 14,216 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was 7 months on the birth control pill Yasmin to control irregular menstrual cycles and since I wanted to get pregnant, I stop using it.. After I stop using Yasmin, me and my husband tried for a baby (most of the time when I was fertile) but no luck.. Can Yasmin still prevent us to do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 06:13 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
How long after you stopped did you start trying? And for how long did you try?

Sometimes it takes a WHILE after you stop using birth control.

You know there is a class action lawsuit against the makers of Yasmin for health problems associated with its use ...

The US Drug Watchdog Calls its Vital Yaz Yasmin Birth Control Pill Initiative its Most Important Women's Health Campaign Ever & Because of Heart Attacks & Strokes - Times Union

Old 03-06-2012, 03:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
You don't say how long you've been trying to get pregnant. Call your doctor and see what he or she says.

BTW I was on Yaz for a few months and it was horrible!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 PM

43 posts, read 166,846 times
The pill controls your hormones, tricking your body into thinking that it's pregnant. If you have been on the pill for long enough you body will be in sync with that pill and your dose. After you stop using it, you body will take a while to respond to the change of hormones present in you system. Give it a while. it has been know to take women up to a year after stopping birth control to get pregnant. But in most cases at least a few months.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:50 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinette View Post
Hi, I was 7 months on the birth control pill Yasmin to control irregular menstrual cycles and since I wanted to get pregnant, I stop using it.. After I stop using Yasmin, me and my husband tried for a baby (most of the time when I was fertile) but no luck.. Can Yasmin still prevent us to do this?
The pill only works while you are taking it. It does not cause infertility.

If you took it because of irregular periods, you may have an ovulation disturbance that caused the irregular periods. Did your doctor determine the cause of the irregular periods? Since you stopped the Yasmin, what have your periods been like?

If you are young, your periods are regular, and you have been off the pills for less than a year, the odds are that you will be pregnant within that year.

If your periods are irregular or you are older (into your thirties), then a consultation with your gynecologist is in order.

One of the most common causes of irregular periods is polycystic ovary syndrome. You can ask your doctor about it.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:20 AM

2 posts, read 15,614 times
I'm no doctor but i have been using the yasmine pill in-between my pregnancies and we havent had any difficulty getting pregnant after i stopped.
I had heard that it takes a while for your hormones to 'stabilize' or something but i dont know how correct that information is.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 13,379 times
I used the jasmine pill for a little over 2 years and its been 3 years since ive been off of it. My husband and I have been trying for that long and i yet to become pregnant.. WTF..

Old 08-31-2012, 02:59 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalpal View Post
The pill controls your hormones, tricking your body into thinking that it's pregnant. If you have been on the pill for long enough you body will be in sync with that pill and your dose. After you stop using it, you body will take a while to respond to the change of hormones present in you system. Give it a while. it has been know to take women up to a year after stopping birth control to get pregnant. But in most cases at least a few months.
I agree with Kalpal, I think anything that messes with your hormones can cause fertility problems...

Old 08-31-2012, 05:27 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I agree with Kalpal, I think anything that messes with your hormones can cause fertility problems...
Oral contraceptives do not cause infertility.

Pregnancy Rates After Oral Contraceptive Use

"Cronin and colleagues tracked nearly 60,000 OC users, including those on drospirenone pills, for their satisfaction with their contraceptive efficacy and their chances of pregnancy after discontinuing OC use. About 20% achieved a pregnancy in their first cycle after cessation and 80% after 1 year, irrespective of the type of OC used. These data are comparable to women wishing to conceive but not having been on OCs. Naturally, women are older when they stop contraception than when they started and age does have an effect on fecundity. OC use does not positively or negatively affect age-appropriate fertility."

Emphasis mine.

If you are under 30 years old, have regular periods, and have been off all contraception for a year, and have not gotten pregnant, see your gynecologist for an evaluation. If you are over 30, see your doctor if you have been trying for six months.

The birth control pill will cover up any problems you might have with ovulation. If you stop the birth control pills and do not have regular periods afterwards, that does not mean that the birth control pills caused the problem with the periods. Stopping the pills just allowed the problem to become visible.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:35 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
[quote=suzy_q2010;25895883]Oral contraceptives do not cause infertility.
Maybe they don't....all I know is the only women I know who had trouble conceiving were on "oral contraceptives" before hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy