Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:40 PM

947 posts, read 3,146,747 times

Advertisements

Seriously, why does this need to be posted?

I go to the parenting section on CD and have to see this crazy headline!

Just wanted to express my dismay that this is actually worth discussing. The bottom line is it's wrong, whoever is responsible should be in jail and the child needs counseling. What else needs to be said.

I won't be coming back to this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 07:56 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,019,594 times
What in the world is a 10 year old having sex for?? How old and who is the baby's father?? It's really very sad/sickening to hear about these cases. My son will be 10 in a few months. I have recently noticed that he is starting to grow some darker hair in certain places. But he thinks sex is kissing (which he still thinks is pretty gross).

My niece is 15 years old. She is still a virgin (THANK G-D!!) BUT some of her friends have already "gone all the way." In fact, she has a friend who just turned 14 and couldn't wait to lose her virginity. But my question is, what's the hurry???

Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,325,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
what i mean is it she was not coerced or forced by an adult. and it looks to me like she did concent. she may not have known the consequences of her actions at the time, but for as much as she knew what was about to happen, she doesnt seem to have been forced in any way.
how do you know the 13 yr old tried to coerce HER! i guess you have never seen a young girl already boy crazy at the age of 10. i have and it's not pretty. they know not what they do, but they do send vibes around that they are ready. and a hormonal 13 yr old boy is going to get those vibes.
A 10 year old girl, by virtue of being a TEN YEAR OLD GIRL, cannot "consent" to sex!

For that matter neither can a 13 year old boy... but I have known plenty of 13 year old boys and unless there is some developmental issue (like a delay that would make them not really mentally 13) they know the difference and they know that "messing with" a 10 year old is wrong. Hormones or not. The very nature of the sexual contact is coercive when one party knows it's wrong and the other has no clue.

And yes I've known plenty of "boy crazy" young girls... they still cannot consent to sex in a true sense of the word. Their general idea of the whole thing, their boy crazy fantasies involve a kiss and holding hands and making googly eyes and getting attention. I'd wager most of them are not "boy crazy" in the sense of wanting to hit the hay!!

Old 06-30-2008, 07:04 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,810,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
I think this is one sad story. At 10 they should be playing with dolls. Seriously this makes me sad. At 20 this little girl will have a ten year old. Wow.
And if she follows in mom's footsteps, she can be a granny at 21

Old 12-12-2008, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,136 times
It is so sad, that all these things can happen... sometimes, right in front of our eyes... I'm very cautious with my girls 10 and 6, but now on days is so hard to trust just anybody.....

Old 12-12-2008, 11:01 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,556,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeru View Post
The thing is that ovulation happens before menstration, so if she was sexually active with her boyfriend on a regular basis (or even just at the right time to get pregnant), she could be impregnated without even knowing ovulation had taken place.

As for abortion, when people do accurate research into the matter rather than just speculate, they discover that abortion does way more damage than going through with an unplanned pregnancy to term.
(can check the Elliot Institute for research on that matter)
You mean the Elliot institute, whose director is a pro-life activist?

Sory, but that post is an EPIC FAIL.

Abortion is far less risky than carrying a preganancy to full term. I have already provided legitimate and unbiased data in an abortion thread in the Politics forum if anyone doubts my statement. A woman is 10 times more likey to die giving birth, than having an abortion.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:31 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,367,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
I think this is one sad story. At 10 they should be playing with dolls. Seriously this makes me sad. At 20 this little girl will have a ten year old. Wow.
oh, my, god, is right.

at that age, I'd have a 23 year old right now! Considering I have a 7 y/o and almost 4 y/o right now, the thought of having a 23 y/o kid is ridiculous!

Old 12-12-2008, 06:25 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,429,788 times
I would think someone needs to be going to jail for having sex with a 9 year old. Even a young teen boy should know better.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:53 PM

158 posts, read 380,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
So, let's see.... the girl had her period, and no one noticed. Then she had sex, and no one noticed. And then she got pregnant, and no one noticed. You gotta wonder about her parents.

Greenie

Not neccesarily, many times when young a girl will get her first peroid and there will sometimes be a gap between the first and second etc. until it regulates. So it is possible she had her peroid, then skipped it which isn't unusual. Doesn't mean that the parents are at fault for her getting pregnant, at 10 a child isn't watched every minute of the day. True it could have been sexual abuse but doesn't neccesarily have to be. As for the parents not noticing, it wouldn't be the first thing that most parents of 10 year olds would probably think if their child was experiencing morning sickness, they might chalk it up to a flu or something. Or if the child was overweight the weight gain might not have been noticable. My cousin hid her pregnancy from our entire family until a week before the baby was born- she was overweight and typically dressed in baggy clothing- none of us had a clue. There are so many unknown variables to this story that it's hard to say blame her parents.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:16 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,493,824 times
This happened a year ago, so I guess the baby is one year old now.

When the mom is 20, her daughter will be 10.

When the mom is 30, her daughter will be 20 and almost finished with college.

When the mom is 50, her daughter will be 40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy