Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 11:53 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times

Advertisements

Oh, no period, but that is due to breastfeeding (and quite welcome).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 12:54 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,505,026 times
* loss of feeling around my c/s scar (even now, 15 years later, it's not all back)
* strange small roll of fat more prevalent on one side (also due to c/s, apparently not uncommon due to the way it gets sewn back up)
* started getting cramps around my period and other menstrual symptoms I'd never had before-- after each kid, my period changed drastically and not usually for the better!
* I'm not nearly as perky after 3 kids
* stretch marks in surprising places
* bigger feet (my feet were already bigger than they needed to be!)

I've always had very thick, curly- wavy when longer, light brown hair. Didn't lose or gain any due to pregnancy. My hips don't seem any bigger- I actually fit in smaller sizes after the weight loss, but maybe it's just because I expanded brand choices

Quote:
Oh, no period, but that is due to breastfeeding
In spite of exclusive nursing for each of my three kids, I got my period back anywhere from 3 months after birth to 5 months after birth. Just didn't seem quite fair!

Old 01-02-2016, 03:59 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,382,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
As others have said, my feet grew, 1/2 size larger, each of 3 pregnancies. Used to be 7 1/2 before I ever had children. Now I'm a 9.

It probably goes without saying that for most of, we've never had quite as flat of a stomach as we used to.
Mine did too, I went from a 6 1/2, and every son gave me a 1/2 size. So now I am an 8.
No more flat stomach, I call it my souvenir pouch. Thank you three sons for the unwanted souvenir gift.

They are now 26, 28 and 30, all c-sections. My scar can still bother me at times. Especially if I am outside when it is hot for a long period of time or if I build up a sweat for working hard---I feel like scratching it out.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:05 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,512 times
-feet bigger (went from 9.5N to 10.5M)...sucks...I'm tall, but still
-boobs bigger...went from DD to DDD (bigger while nursing)...also sucks
-had one c-section, stupid pooch over the scar
-harder time losing the weight after each one, but I also have PCOS...so that doesn't help there and I was over 35 with my last one

But good...my hair still grows faster and my nails are still stronger...and I had pretty clear skin before but now I don't get monthly breakouts

Old 01-02-2016, 04:33 PM

924 posts, read 751,384 times
went from a 36C to a 42 D in bra size
still have some stretch marks, but they've faded over the years
gained about 70 lbs

Other than that, I don't think my body changed much after childbirth, other than getting older.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:45 PM

912 posts, read 914,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
* loss of feeling around my c/s scar (even now, 15 years later, it's not all back)
Me too. Zero feeling on my stomach near the scar almost two years later. Other than that and the asthma, no other changes post-childbirth, thankfully.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:22 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,310,798 times
My first went pretty well, I ate anything/everything and gained 50lbs, but ended with emergency C-section. My second one, however, was fraught with indigestion and once I had him I continued having trouble with some foods.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:33 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,382,942 times
I forgot to add...

Before babies I would get horrible cramps during my period. After babies, no more cramps.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,296 times
Default home birth

Hi UserName14289; hope you are doing well .....I would like to say about your post baby asthma that this all is due to the hormonal changes....Actually what happens is Female hormones such as estrogen may have almost as much impact on the airways as allergies and hay fever. But estrogen itself is not the culprit in triggering the symptoms of asthma. Rather, it’s the fluctuation of estrogen - the up and down of hormone levels - that may cause inflammation in the airways.

I also had delivery a couple of months back...I would like to say that I had a natural delivery a couple of months back and hired midwives.....They made me sit in a big pool of water and made me sit in it...this relaxed me lot...I could feel better...

The natural delivery is very good as it is good for the health also has no side effects ....so this is the most good thing of it....To know more about this goto these sites and see the reviews and see the reviews....you can also go to sites like

Waterbirth at home
Welcome - LA Midwife Collective
my best tips for an unmedicated birth {during labor} | annie groves

I would suggest you opting for natural ways and midwives ....It is beneficial too for health .....IT is very peacefull and comfortable....These nidwives alo looked upto my newly born upto 28 days....I enjoyed the delivery of my baby because i could see my baby being born that too without any pain....

Old 01-21-2016, 09:28 AM

830 posts, read 1,665,874 times
I'm almost four months out from my son's birth. Only a few small changes from a year ago (when we first discovered our little angel):

*still no period
*sore nipples (breast feeding)
*a little "loose skin" on lower belly
*tight or shallow "down there"--husband can't get in any more, it's almost like I've never had sex. I don't know why it's like that, "everyone" says it gets loose after childbirth. Doctor didn't see any problems at one month visit.
*tiny scar on belly due to monitor sticker digging into me during labor--I should have spoken up about it but I didn't.
*weigh about 5 lbs more (but I don't care, not noticeable anyway)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy