Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 02:49 PM

1,347 posts, read 945,392 times

Advertisements

* C-section pouch/overhang
* Loss of feeling around C-section scar
* Abs feel different - I don't feel like I can contract them the same way as they did before the birth, like there's an empty space in the middle.

My feet swelled towards the end of my pregnancy, but I'm back to the same shoe size as before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 07:02 AM

2 posts, read 1,711 times
my stretch marks never went away, my back used to hurt a lot but it seemed okay after a 1 year, my body was completely out of shape, and thank god now i look normal, though i didn't came back to my normal weight. my energy levels went down, and my shoe size increased by 1/2

Old 07-10-2020, 08:56 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,443,347 times
Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences.

Did you notice any changes to your sex life, positive or negative?

Old 07-10-2020, 09:10 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
5 yr old zombie thread

Old 07-11-2020, 01:01 AM

Still valid.

Hubby and I trying to decide on family planning and reality of pregnancy.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:18 AM

12 posts, read 12,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Still valid.

Hubby and I trying to decide on family planning and reality of pregnancy.
I wish I was one of those people who said that my sex life was better for having children but the reality is that its not and raising kids is hard. I work full time in a physically and emotionally demanding job, plus my two boys are constantly attached to me not their dad. At the end of the day I just want to be alone and not touched period. Plus despite kegels I still don't feel the same 'down there' as I did before I started having kids.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvesam View Post
I wish I was one of those people who said that my sex life was better for having children but the reality is that its not and raising kids is hard. I work full time in a physically and emotionally demanding job, plus my two boys are constantly attached to me not their dad. At the end of the day I just want to be alone and not touched period. Plus despite kegels I still don't feel the same 'down there' as I did before I started having kids.
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Sorry to hear that :-/ thank you for sharing your experience.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:46 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences.

Did you notice any changes to your sex life, positive or negative?
Yes, it's a zombie thread and my "baby" is 35 but some things don't change! After he was born, I saw a headline on the cover of one of the Parenting magazines: "Sex or Sleep? Which do You Choose? Be Honest". I laughed out loud. I had a new baby, a demanding FT job and a husband who did very little. Yeah, I chose sleep.

BUT- pregnancy increases the blood supply "down there" and yes, that difference persisted. The feelings became more intense. Still true even after menopause. I didn't have a lot of other lasting effects- a few small stretch marks, breasts maybe a little softer but no permanent change in size. I weigh less now than I did in HS and just came in from a 15-mile bike ride. I'm sure that subsequent pregnancies and births have additional effects but I had only DS.

Old 07-11-2020, 12:46 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
I've had 11 kids, including two sets of twins. Have had four c-sections. I put on a minimum of 70 lbs with each pregnancy & lost it all within a few months after. Always returned to an hourglass figure. Breastfed each & every time.

I got more compliments from men (if that matters to you; for me it does) on 'beauty' while pregnant than not.

My breasts sustained the most tissue damage; went from a 36 C to a B. I had stretch marks that faded but did leave skin tissue softer. Options for all of that later on, if it bothers you.

I was self employed in the sex industry for 5 years in between giving birth to my eighth & my second set of twins & was complimented frequently on having a 'real woman's body'.

After having my 11th at age 38 I made the worst mistake of my life & had a tubal ligation. Even though I got skinny again initially it was an ugly skinny. Like a rectangle. No curves. I started getting really unhealthy; broke out in cysts & boils, hair started falling out, super heavy, clotting periods & then ... The weight gain started. Oh my GOD 10 years of chronic fatigue and pain. Don't ever let anyone tell you post tubal ligation syndrome is imaginary.

I had my tubal reversed 6 years ago but a lot of damage had been done. Required 3 female surgeries (not a hysterectomy) & 9 units of blood transfusions to start getting back to normal. The only mistake since then was going on birth control for bleeding; gained a lot of weight but honestly, I prefer my big, hourglass body now to that skinny boxy figure I had after the tubal. I'm off the BC & loosing weight. I'd rather be pregnant in my 50's than be how I was in my 40's.

Basically, healthy is beautiful. All women are beautiful; I see women decades older than me (I am 52) that I am envious of. Fertility is sexy, pregnancy is sexy & mothers are sexy. Nothing will happen to your body that can't be fixed later on if it bothers you.

Oh yeah I guess my feet are a shoe size or two bigger now but I'm tall & my feet were always big anyway.

Old 07-11-2020, 04:08 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
I am just over 7 months pregnant with twins.... I am kinda sorry that I clicked on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy