Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,305 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what the road construction project is on hwy 89A??? Speed limit is down from 65 to 55 then 45 near Side Road. There is some major work being done around that area. Does anyone know what is being done??????

Old 04-26-2010, 10:53 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,243 times
I believe they are putting a over-pass, we were driving on 89A today.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:29 PM

Thanks for your reply!!!
I think it is something much bigger than an overpass....
Paper mentions nothing, nor does local news......

Old 04-27-2010, 09:54 PM

268 posts, read 1,199,879 times
I suspect what you are referring to is the construction associated with what is being called the "Granite Dells Parkway Traffic Interchange". The following is a description from the ADOT website as to what all is entailed in this project:

"The initial phase of the TI project consists of a diamond configuration interchange with one lane freeway ramps, 2-lane roundabouts on both the north and south sides of SR89A, a 4-lane bridge over SR89A and the construction of Centerpointe Drive, Granite Dells Parkway and an extension of Side Road that will provide connectivity to the new interchange."

"Specifically, the project includes bridge construction, roadway excavation, embankments, base course, pavement, drainage facilities, signing and pavement markings, lighting, the installation of sewer and water infrastructure beneath SR89A and the construction of a new trail-head parking lot for the Peavine Trail."

The projected completion date for the construction is late 2010 or early 2011, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeCalifornia View Post
I suspect what you are referring to is the construction associated with what is being called the "Granite Dells Parkway Traffic Interchange". The following is a description from the ADOT website as to what all is entailed in this project:

"The initial phase of the TI project consists of a diamond configuration interchange with one lane freeway ramps, 2-lane roundabouts on both the north and south sides of SR89A, a 4-lane bridge over SR89A and the construction of Centerpointe Drive, Granite Dells Parkway and an extension of Side Road that will provide connectivity to the new interchange."

"Specifically, the project includes bridge construction, roadway excavation, embankments, base course, pavement, drainage facilities, signing and pavement markings, lighting, the installation of sewer and water infrastructure beneath SR89A and the construction of a new trail-head parking lot for the Peavine Trail."

The projected completion date for the construction is late 2010 or early 2011, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
Many Thanks to you for your rapid reply...!!!!!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,240 times
Heard there are plans to improve the Phippen Museums entrance with a "round-about" at the Museum's entrance...that this would give additional access to the further planning & development of the area south & east of the new interchange being built. Anyone aware of such plans? Would sure make it a lot safer comming down that hill on 89 going Southbound past the Phippen.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:51 PM

725 posts, read 2,322,290 times
This is probably the closest thing to a Freeway that the Prescott area has - or will have. It's going to be a nice Bypass route once it's finished.

On a different note I still think they could do a Bypass around Hwy.69 to avoid all the Prescott Valley stoplights!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2010, 05:56 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,917,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homlish560 View Post
This is probably the closest thing to a Freeway that the Prescott area has - or will have. It's going to be a nice Bypass route once it's finished.

On a different note I still think they could do a Bypass around Hwy.69 to avoid all the Prescott Valley stoplights!!!!!!!
There IS a PV bypass - Fain Rd to 89A. Granted it is longer in milage than going via 69, but it's a bypass nevertheless. There are plans to expand Fain Rd to four lanes (two in each direction) and they are already building the overpass over Viewpoint Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott