Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2007, 06:43 AM

19 posts, read 112,599 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to Prescott. My husband starts his job Sept. 10 and will be in town looking for housing later this week. Initially, we will rent until our home sells in NV.

Does anyone have suggestions on animal-friendly rentals? We have a couple of old dogs, two spoiled cats, and two horses. We have been home owners for years, and will be responsible renters. We are looking for rent under $1200.

I know that Chino Valley and possibly Dewey are more likely areas to rent with animals. Is one of these communities better than another?

And, I enjoy pleasure riding - trail, arena, and I do some open shows with my quarter horse. I'm wondering about the equine community in Prescott. Are there organized groups? Events? Rides? And, can anyone recommnend a boarding facility? I looked at two options when I was in Prescott last month, but I'm wondering if there are others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 04:46 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,921,953 times
Dewey tends to be more expensive than Chino. Dewey is more hilly and Chino is more flat. There are more stores and restaurants in Chino, but Dewey is probably close enough to Prescott Valley (15 minutes) to meet your needs. You can try searching the Prescott Courier for house rentals. I do not know what the pricing is. Presumably you will want to live close to your work. Commuting is not much fun. So, depending where the job is, you might be swayed to Dewey or Chino. You might also consider the north side of Prescott Valley (Poquito Valley, Coyote Springs, Antelope Meadows subdivisions). There are a couple of horse boarding locations that you can find through Google. I do not have a horse, so I can't recommend any of them.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:24 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,325,225 times
jank - here are a couple of links you might find helpful.
Horse Boarding Stables in Prescott, AZ on Yahoo! Local

http://www.dcourier.com/index.asp As BiggsHomes suggested, check out the newspaper for rentals. Especially the Sunday edition has about twice as many as the rest of the week.

I'm sure there's several riding clubs in Prescott. After all Prescott is home to the World's Oldest Rodeo, and has a claim to fame as a cowboy town. (Have you ever seen an old movie called Junior Bonner?)

BiggsHomes had some good suggestions for you as far as checking out the rural (north) area of Prescott Valley. A couple other areas might be Williamson Valley Rd (lots of horse property out there, but you'll probably have a hard time finding something under $1200) and Skull Valley (a 20 - 30 minute drive out Iron Springs Road).

And, most of all, Welcome to Prescott!

Old 03-13-2008, 12:12 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,021,882 times
Not a lot of equine property IN Prescott...you need to hit Chino or Dewey for that. Dewey is much smaller and more expensive, more "hilly", but also further from Prescoot than Chino is...but Chino has some beautiful riding area, too. I have an acre and horses and I live right next to State Land and can ride nearly to Seligman if I choose to! (Would not attempt it!). Chino has treed (juniper) areas and grazing land, much the same as Dewey, especially west of Highway 89. You can check on-line for rentals in the area...or the Prescott Daily Courier on-line will give you information. Good luck to you!

Old 03-13-2008, 01:05 PM

24,484 posts, read 26,021,800 times
I'm sure the OP already has a place as they were moving last Septenber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott