Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 09:19 AM

250 posts, read 1,119,934 times

Advertisements

Booting addicts out on the streets creates a market for dealers which is the last thing we need more of around here.

So, what can we, as concerned citizens of Prescott, do about these unacceptable rehab facilities?

Last edited by inderocker; 11-15-2013 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 06:27 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,543,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inderocker View Post
Booting addicts out on the streets creates a market for dealers which is the last thing we need more of around here.
Yes, but it's the first step

Quote:
So, what can we, as concerned citizens of Prescott, do about these unacceptable rehab facilities?
We could pressure the politicians and the Chamber to make Prescott less attractive for the addicts to come here and stay here. Free food, clothing, housing, free camping in our Nat Forest campgrounds, things like that.

They are looking for an easy life without working, and will go where it is easier. Prescott has the advantage of a cold winter, which could discourage some if we didn't make them more comfortable.

We could license, tax and regulate the rehab joints to try to reduce their number. They could start by getting them out of residential neighborhoods.

A little police presence in Granite Park would make a big difference. I have seen PPD drive through now and then, but never seen them get out of their cars at night.

Prescott treats vagrants like Liberal California towns do.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,712 times
Thanks for the reply Brian. That seems to be a good approach.

As far as successful rehabs around the country --- that might be difficult. I was quoted a 3% industry success rate by a rehab I was looking at for a family member in another state. I think they were being honest and didn't want to sugar coat anything for family members. Their criteria for success was one year or more of sober living.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,813 times
People earlier in the discussion were asking about the number of homes in precott. At the recent matforce public meeting the number of homes was listed as 135 with from 20 - 40 folks per home on average. The town has about 40,000 and so the ratio does suggest a need for enhanced and continued scrutiny and deliberation about going forwards. We need to think about this before the unlikely but inevitable horrific crime is committed. In the end, we all know the score: some bad seeds will bring the whole facade of "everyone's hometown" crashing down.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:51 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,981,303 times
I think there is a win win here somewhere...where Prescott can host rehab houses but the numbers aren't so out of control. I would love to see our community have a successful rehab rate that beats the average, something closer to 15%, and our citizens actually pull for and support kids who get sucked up into this stuff. But all that needs to be balanced with common sense and making sure the numbers are below what is reasonable for a town of Prescott's size. Just putting this out there as I think this should be the operating philosophy going forward, not "kick everyone out" or "let everyone in."

Old 02-05-2014, 08:58 PM

716 posts, read 541,059 times
Concerned are you trying to say that 10% or more people in Prescott are in rehab? If your right about your numbers - and i am going to look into this closely - then were not moving there- way to many people on meth or crack for me- even with my guns, dogs, electric fence and security alarms Prescott would not be a place i want to move to

Old 02-06-2014, 09:26 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,543,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
Concerned are you trying to say that 10% or more people in Prescott are in rehab? If your right about your numbers - and i am going to look into this closely - then were not moving there- way to many people on meth or crack for me- even with my guns, dogs, electric fence and security alarms Prescott would not be a place i want to move to

Prescott is a nice town, but you gotta pick your location carefully.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,643 times
What's it like living off of Williamson valley road? We live in S.california now & want to get away from the madness here! We don't want to live in Prescott the town but in the area. Saw some nice places off of Williamson valley road / it was way out there! Thank

Old 02-25-2014, 02:25 PM

266 posts, read 282,033 times
My wife and moved to the Williamson Valley area about 3 years ago. We're presently in the Inscription Canyon subdivision which is about 15 miles from the city center. This subdivision along with Whispering Canyon and the Talking Rock development are serviced by a private water and sewer concern, so you do not need to drill a well or install septic tank.

We are retired so commuting isn't an issue. My wife volunteers twice a week at the hospital and really enjoys the drive, so "way out there" is a matter of perspective. Grocery shopping is a 15 minute drive to either Chino Valley (Safeway) or Willow Creek Road (Fry's).

I'm sure there are others that can give you much better information. We wouldn't change this area.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,497 times
I for one applaud the town of Prescott for being a place where people that have made mistakes can work on getting their lives back! The previous post sound very judgmental and self-righteous. I'm pretty sure Prescott doesn't have anymore addicts than other towns, just more that are getting help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott