Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 07:07 PM

31 posts, read 23,430 times

Advertisements

Here’s a question about these areas. Which one of them has the best water source? Do any of these places have to have water truck in? How is their water management? I’m looking at Prescott, Prescott Valley, Payson, Cottonwood, Verde, or anywhere that has the lowest risk a fire from wildfires and enough water supply. I know Arizona is very good with their water management. But it’s a bit sketchy up north from Phoenix, so I’m curious which of those have high cost of water or not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2024, 10:57 AM

558 posts, read 970,211 times
The Prescott area (includes PV) is an Active Management area and uses groundwater wells. In rainy years, some water is pumped back into the aquifer to recharge.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:28 PM

479 posts, read 801,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macinpup View Post
Here’s a question about these areas. Which one of them has the best water source? Do any of these places have to have water truck in? How is their water management? I’m looking at Prescott, Prescott Valley, Payson, Cottonwood, Verde, or anywhere that has the lowest risk a fire from wildfires and enough water supply. I know Arizona is very good with their water management. But it’s a bit sketchy up north from Phoenix, so I’m curious which of those have high cost of water or not
Unless I was surrounded by woods, I think you're generally safe from fires in any of those areas but would imagine, based only on photos I've seen, that Payson seems the most wooded overall.

Old 03-15-2024, 10:18 AM

55 posts, read 51,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macinpup View Post

Arizona is a desert even the mountains and trees are desert.

Lots of areas in Dewey/Prescott Valley/Williamson valley have dry wells and need to haul water in. I have property there and my parents live in coyote springs it's all wells that are 1-2gpm with holding tanks or they haul water. Williamson valley is the same not a lot of water outside of certain areas. Within the city of prescott they have their own water system with very deep wells hookup costs depend on your area.

Payson has its own water system and reservoir but the pine/strawberry areas have been running dry on their wells. Just like prescott area too much drilling. There's not much property available in the area that is on their water system though (it's just in town proper) so outside town you may be drilling a deep well for 1.5gpm or hauling water.

Cottonwood I cannot speak about water wise apart from the verde river and agriculture in the area so probably has decent water supply. The verde river is gross though tons of agricultural and silt runoff it looks like sewer water.

Also pay very close attention to the HOA and CCR rules in your prospective area. Some of them are hell to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott