Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 08:40 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,700,359 times

Advertisements

I see that the lockdown has been extended through the 15th of May.
Personally I think this is a good idea but I really feel for those that have lost their jobs.
Unfortunately, this virus is not a simple flu as some have thought and over 1 million confirmed cases in the US with over 56,000 dead as of this morning.
I have heard that if you get other than a mild case of the virus that it can cause heart damage and the scary thing about it is that you can have it with mild symptoms and pass it along to others without knowing about it.
I also see that now Costco will require everyone who enters the store to wear a mask effective May 4th according to the news on TV.
Rough times for many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 04:55 PM

479 posts, read 802,779 times
Yet businesses can voluntarily open. I don't agree with extending the order as I didn't believe in it from day one but how can you have the order yet still have stores open voluntarily. The hypocrisy and absurdity of the whole order from the get go proved they had no idea what they were doing. All the over the top estimates from the start have be proven to be nonsense and now, with multiple antibodies studies done across the US, we're seeing the mortality rate is sub 1% and in most areas, LESS than the average flu.

We should have handled this like Sweden from the beginning. Shutting down our economy has been a colossal failure and now it's getting worse with our food supply chain in danger of being disrupted.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:08 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,638,553 times
Open up the economy, let small businesses and large corporations alike decide how they should operate with safety measures in place. Government is just getting in the way of everything and preventing a swift recovery that's needed.

We should have a governor like Kristi Noem of South Dakota setting an example. Their citizens were throwing a parade for her for not locking down the state.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:34 AM

The problem that i see with businesses deciding that they are essential and opening is that the governor's orders have no weight behind them. His voice does not make law.

Old 05-01-2020, 11:14 AM

Maybe do what these two states are instead of staying locked down?

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...of-two-states/

Old 05-01-2020, 04:49 PM

138 posts, read 230,698 times
You'd never know there was/is a lockdown from driving around. We went to the Safeway in Chino Valley this morning to pick up some ordered things and the place was pretty packed. Families, teens, old folks all going in and out, no one was wearing a mask except for the safeway workers bringing out orders to be picked up. Looked as normal as could be. Our new neighbors are from California and they think the whole thing is a government conspiracy to control the people while a friend of ours across the highway is in the hospital with the virus. To each their own I guess.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellzbellz View Post
You'd never know there was/is a lockdown from driving around. We went to the Safeway in Chino Valley this morning to pick up some ordered things and the place was pretty packed. Families, teens, old folks all going in and out, no one was wearing a mask except for the safeway workers bringing out orders to be picked up. Looked as normal as could be. Our new neighbors are from California and they think the whole thing is a government conspiracy to control the people while a friend of ours across the highway is in the hospital with the virus. To each their own I guess.
I think its the government wanting to control people in my opinion, and you know its a setup especially during an election year. This lock-down nonsense for the Swine Flu never occurred in 2010 during Obama's presidency.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:37 AM

2 posts, read 1,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
Yet businesses can voluntarily open. I don't agree with extending the order as I didn't believe in it from day one but how can you have the order yet still have stores open voluntarily. The hypocrisy and absurdity of the whole order from the get go proved they had no idea what they were doing. All the over the top estimates from the start have be proven to be nonsense and now, with multiple antibodies studies done across the US, we're seeing the mortality rate is sub 1% and in most areas, LESS than the average flu.

We should have handled this like Sweden from the beginning. Shutting down our economy has been a colossal failure and now it's getting worse with our food supply chain in danger of being disrupted.
I Believe as of this morning Yavapai County has 2 deaths and 16 cases being reported. Time to responsibly get things opened up and moving again

Old 05-02-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloHand View Post
I Believe as of this morning Yavapai County has 2 deaths and 16 cases being reported. Time to responsibly get things opened up and moving again
I don't know where you got your information but this says 86 cases and 2 deaths.
Nationwide, as of this morning we have had some 65,000 deaths.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I think its the government wanting to control people in my opinion, and you know its a setup especially during an election year. This lock-down nonsense for the Swine Flu never occurred in 2010 during Obama's presidency.
According to this, the swine flu did not kill near as many as the 65K that have already died nationwide. And that number increases on average every day by some 2500.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_s..._United_States
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott