Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 01:46 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times

Advertisements

I'll wait until Game one before getting worked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 02:34 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Adam Schefter of ESPN reported a little over a half hour ago that Brett Favre has no plans to return to the Minnesota Vikings for the 2010 season. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported it as well earlier this morning.
The WaPo is now reporting that he has decided to retire. A shame of sorts, he was fun to watch, no matter who your team is. I was hoping to see him in the Super Bowl last year, one last hurrah for us older dudes.....

Excerpt:

Quarterback Brett Favre has told some members of the Minnesota Vikings organization that he intends to retire, ... Favre's decision has not been announced, confirmed multiple reports that the quarterback informed some people with the Vikings that he plans to walk away from the sport rather than return for another season and a possible Super Bowl run. ... There has been no official confirmation by Favre or the Vikings ... team was not ruling out the possibility of Favre continuing to play, and there was a degree of skepticism around the league because Favre is coming off a superb season and has reversed two previous decisions to retire.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:36 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Wake me up, say about Week 10, if he isn't out on the field.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:49 PM

761 posts, read 3,416,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
The WaPo is now reporting that he has decided to retire. A shame of sorts, he was fun to watch, no matter who your team is. I was hoping to see him in the Super Bowl last year, one last hurrah for us older dudes.....

Excerpt:

Quarterback Brett Favre has told some members of the Minnesota Vikings organization that he intends to retire, ... Favre's decision has not been announced, confirmed multiple reports that the quarterback informed some people with the Vikings that he plans to walk away from the sport rather than return for another season and a possible Super Bowl run. ... There has been no official confirmation by Favre or the Vikings ... team was not ruling out the possibility of Favre continuing to play, and there was a degree of skepticism around the league because Favre is coming off a superb season and has reversed two previous decisions to retire.
So the Washington Post is the legitimate news? Looks like the same story from ESPN/Fox/ABC/etc etc etc..

Old 08-03-2010, 02:56 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Whether Favre decides to retire or ends up playing again, this guys is truly an incredibly tough athlete. It's hard to keep track of how many times he's played through injuries over the years. For the sake of the game I hope he comes back, however, if he leaves who could blame him?

Old 08-03-2010, 03:52 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,104,899 times
Default It doesn't affect Jets, except in Week 5

Brett Favre's reported retirement doesn't affect Jets, except in Week 5 | NJ.com

Old 08-03-2010, 04:08 PM

335 posts, read 676,121 times
The Minnesota Vikings dont need Brett Favre to be the Newyork Jets.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:16 PM

910 posts, read 2,985,144 times
I believed that Brett Favre was coming back for another season despite the divorce in Green Bay, I believed that Favre would go to the Vikings after leaving New York, and I believe that he is coming back. I don't think he cares about his sore body as much as he loves football. And Favre is a good guy, and a great role model for kids. He has been playing in the NFL ever sense I was born, or even in my moms stomach. Which shows that his body is taking a toll. But look at how close he came to going to superbowl 44. His last throw and first throw in the NFL was an interception. Do you think he will live with that for the rest of his life?

I don't. He is bound to come back and his mind will not let him leave. He has an opportunity to retire as a superbowl MVP. Tavaris Jackson can't do squat with that team, and he has proven that.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:27 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Good. The guy has worn out his welcome 10 times over and is easily the most overrated quarterback ever.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:28 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDizzle23 View Post
Any chance nobody is speaking up because the team isn't prepared to give a unified statement? C'mon, athletes lie or deflect attention all the time. You can't always trust anything these guys say. It's funny they're only telling the truth when it's something you believe... ESPN is right way more than they're wrong. And they aren't the only one reporting it.
Coach has already givin a statement. A teammate that is now a Vicking that was a packer that Brett has been friends with for over 10 years spoke up. He's the one that said he talked to Brett this morning and he didnt say anything about retiring.

Family source: Favre has made no decision

Family source: Favre has made no decision - Brett Favre - SunHerald.com (http://www.sunherald.com/2010/08/02/2378261/family-source-favre-has-made-no.html - broken link)

Espn is reporting hes retiring and also reporting its not been confirmed

Last edited by Jadex; 08-03-2010 at 04:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football