Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 08:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I can't believe it, there was no one around, where are their safeties???
Lions need a defensive makeover
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 08:53 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Blown coverage!
4 man rush the whole damn game...and no pressure. Its like saying here New Orleans , heres 45 points...

Old 01-07-2012, 08:54 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
^^ No disagreement on that comment...

Old 01-07-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
^^ No disagreement on that comment...
I mean if your gonna give up 45 anyway, why not rush 5 occasionally with different blitz packages? ... a terrible game plan by the Lions d coordinator. They tried the bend dont break method and that DOES NOT WORK against the Saints at home./

Old 01-07-2012, 09:08 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Lions need a defensive makeover
The Lions do, but this is getting ridiculous....why play defense? Load up on all the offense you can get an outscore 'em!

Old 01-08-2012, 07:15 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Do any of the the Lion's fans think the game would have been different if the secondary would have held on to all of the potential interceptions that Brees threw? I am not sure how many there were, but it seemed like a few.
Also, the refs blew it when the blew the Brees fumble dead. Killed an easy return for a TD.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:42 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Do any of the the Lion's fans think the game would have been different if the secondary would have held on to all of the potential interceptions that Brees threw? I am not sure how many there were, but it seemed like a few.
Also, the refs blew it when the blew the Brees fumble dead. Killed an easy return for a TD.
Of course. It's not even up for discussion. Get the interception and at the very least the Lions grind away at the clock. The refs blown call was huge. Momentum is monumental in any sport and the refs killed it with efficiency.

The refs cannot be held accountable for the disastrous 4th quarter, though. That was nothing short of a nightmare.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:03 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Either way I give the Lions all the credit in the world. They did not simply bend over and hand this game to the Saints. The Lions offense was giving them hell the entire time and Sean Peyton knew it. The defense simply blew a few turnovers, plus those 3rd and 4th down conversions were killers.

One call that I did not agree with was how on 4th and inches, D. Breez jumps up and extends his arms over the marker and is still pushed back and they call that a 1st down. It wasn't the goal line, so I don't get how breaking the plane was enough to give him that. Plus his legs never crossed the marker. Pretty BS call imo

Old 01-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Either way I give the Lions all the credit in the world. They did not simply bend over and hand this game to the Saints. The Lions offense was giving them hell the entire time and Sean Peyton knew it. The defense simply blew a few turnovers, plus those 3rd and 4th down conversions were killers.

One call that I did not agree with was how on 4th and inches, D. Breez jumps up and extends his arms over the marker and is still pushed back and they call that a 1st down. It wasn't the goal line, so I don't get how breaking the plane was enough to give him that. Plus his legs never crossed the marker. Pretty BS call imo
The football is marked where the BALL is. The reason that worked is because the Lions for whatever reason had no ML there to stop that from happening. It is actually a very risky play by Brees. The reason breaking the plane of the goal with the ball is a touchdown is because that is the forward progress of the ball. It has nothing to do with the goalline itself. A perfectly good spot.

That team will never win anything with that defense. That was a pathetic display. Can't catch, can't tackle...

The offense on the other hand is dynamic and Calvin Johnson is the best there is./

Old 01-08-2012, 09:18 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
The football is marked where the BALL is. The reason that worked is because the Lions for whatever reason had no ML there to stop that from happening. It is actually a very risky play by Brees. The reason breaking the plane of the goal with the ball is a touchdown is because that is the forward progress of the ball. It has nothing to do with the goalline itself. A perfectly good spot.

That team will never win anything with that defense. That was a pathetic display. Can't catch, can't tackle...

The offense on the other hand is dynamic and Calvin Johnson is the best there is./
Where the ball is? Since when? Players always extend the ball after being tackled and the spot is never where the actual ball landed. And refs always move the ball back. I've never seen the refs count the position of the ball as anything unless it were a touchdown. I thought it was a terrible call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football