Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:13 PM

910 posts, read 2,985,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I think the Hard Count, is a much more useful tool in reading the Defense, particularly the Linebackers. If they take a step in a direction, it gives you a great idea what they are doing. If you leave 10-15 seconds on the play clock, you can move a blocker, or audible altogether.

I honestly didn't even think of that, great input JSizzle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 11:25 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
Well your here now!! haha do you got a play in mind?
I think I can make some solid contributions to this thread.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
That would be a good one
How about some postgame?

NFL Videos: Week 4: Locker Room MVPs

Old 10-08-2010, 12:41 PM

910 posts, read 2,985,425 times
I like me some Josh McDaniels yeah !!

Old 11-12-2010, 11:55 PM

I completely forgot about this thread. I've been working on some pretty detailed write ups breaking down a couple offensive schemes that I need to get working on again, but in the mean time here is some information I nabbed on the basic passing route tree, courtesy of one of my favorite sites for football breakdowns, The Football Times.

wide receiver routes patterns passing tree flag out post slant corner go

A relevant tidbits from the article...

Quote:
Here are some simple wide receiver patterns. Some people call this the "passing tree" or "passing routes." Every wide receiver needs to know these basic patterns and how to run them. The sharper and crisper your turns, the easier it will be for you to get open.

In this scheme, the odd numbered routes go to the outside, while the even number go inside. At the college and pro level, wide receiver will have to know the numbers that represent each pattern, and the play will be called like "689." The three wide receivers will know which number belongs to who.
The only correction I'd make is that including the route numbers in the playcall is nomenclature normally reserved for the Air Coryell offense used today by the Colts, Raiders, and Chargers. The nomenclature for the West Coast, Erhardt-Perkins and Amoeba offenses is different, which I'll expand upon in some upcoming posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football