Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:58 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,082,526 times

Advertisements

Anyone remember in 2008 when Andy Reid benched McNabb 2008 at Baltimore and the media was ready to put a hatchet in the back of his head?

Remember this offseason when McNabb was traded? The media was ready to burn the Linc to the ground.

So why is there no uproar over McNabb being benched today? Seems to me like a bit of a double standard at the hands of the major national media outlets when it comes to criticizing certain orginizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 05:27 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,066,071 times
I think it was RIDICILOUS to bench McNabb for a proven LOSER, Rex Grossman.... First play and sexy Rexy fumbles the damn ball... That was the worst coaching move I've seen in a long time! Absolutely ridicilous!

Old 11-01-2010, 05:51 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,546,024 times
I'm going to sound crazy here and defend Shanny a bit. Going back to to the Philly-Pats Super Bowl, when have you seen McNabb able to operate in a hurry-up fashion? Shanny didn't say that Grossman is a better QB than McNabb (obviously, he isn't). He merely expressed a lack of confidence in McNabb's ability to operate a hurry-up offense.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:37 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,856,829 times
Shanahan has shown his true colors with this bone headed move. And all for Rex Grossman??? Redskins have had so many problems getting a good QB and then they finally get one, and this happens. McNabb has just about got to have had it with being treated like dirt. If it wasn't for him, they wouldn't have won any games this year. The fans must be in shock!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:47 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,498,060 times
My sample size isn't huge but I am hearing plenty of people who are confused about the move. On another note, I forgot how tiny rex grossman looks back there, I think I must have blocked it out of my memory.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 PM

7,222 posts, read 11,944,136 times
Most recently I heard that now Shanahan is saying that McNabb had physical issues. He listed stuff like quads, hamstrings, cardiac something or other etc. All this after yesterday saying that he just thought that Rex would be better at the two minute drill.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:40 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,017,072 times
He made the right decision. McNabb is a flake when it comes to crunch time. This is primarily why the Eagles got rid of him. Sure, when things are good, he's all smiles, but put the pressure on him and the guy turns into soft butter.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:10 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,926,608 times
I've got no respect for Shanahan. He's a big whiner who rode on the back of Elway to finally win the Super Bowl. Once Elway left, the Broncos have been more or less "nothing".

Don't forget he's also the clown that started calling the BS timeout at the snap of a game ending field goal attempt.

The guy is a whole bunch of hype in an empty sweat suit.

In this case, look at what the genius did....

McNabb or Grossman

He plays Grossman with the game on the line? What a fool!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 10:39 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,310,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Anyone remember in 2008 when Andy Reid benched McNabb 2008 at Baltimore and the media was ready to put a hatchet in the back of his head?

Remember this offseason when McNabb was traded? The media was ready to burn the Linc to the ground.

So why is there no uproar over McNabb being benched today? Seems to me like a bit of a double standard at the hands of the major national media outlets when it comes to criticizing certain orginizations.
McNabb got thrown under the bus and then the bus backed up and rolled over him again. Here's what I mean it's bad enough he got pulled. But then the excuses Shanahan made were awful. All he had to say was "I felt it was the best decision at the time and Donovan is the starter next week. That's all I have to say". Instead he embarrassed his starting quarterback unnecessarily.

I‘m sure other Redskins players notice this and this does NOT win the respect of your players if you are the head coach.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:38 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,779,199 times
If Shanahan would have talked about the hamstring/cardio issue right after the game instead of that Rex being better in 2:00 garbage this debate would be over. Also, I heard on NFL live that McNabb had a 40+ yard run in that Detroit game and was in the next play (something some RBs don't even do), obviously his cardio health was somewhat fine for the two minute drill.

Still it's quite an insult to McNabb to replace him with Grossman at the most critical time. McNabb will definitely be elsewhere next season. If I were a betting man, Arizona would be the team.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-05-2010 at 06:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football