Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 12:13 AM

291 posts, read 688,599 times

Advertisements

Which NFL teams wear their white jerseys at home? I know that the Dallas Cowboys wear their white jerseys at home. The Washington Redskins used to but it looks like they don't anymore. I have seen the Miami Dolphins wearing their white jerseys at home which is probably because of the hot weather there. I wanna say that I've seen the Tampa Bay Buccaneers wear there white jerseys at home but I can't remember for sure. Am I correct about all this? What do you know about NFL teams that wear white jerseys at home? Also, do you like it or dislike it?

In college football I have noticed that the LSU Tigers only wear their white jerseys at home. I'm not sure if any other college teams do that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 06:59 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Interesting question! Packers are green for home, white for away. They wore green for SB as they were considered the home team. I prefer the green over the white, white is boring to me.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:57 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Pretty much every Sunbelt city (and the Eagles and Redskins) wear white at home.

The Dolphins, Jaguars, Titans, Bucs, and Panthers wear white usually in the earlier part of the year since it's so hot.

The Redskins and Eagles wear white maybe because it's sort of an NFC East thing. The Giants are the only ones in the division who NEVER wear white at home.

And the Texans wear white at home because.... they're trying to be like the Cowboys? (As in, they play in an air conditioned, roofed stadium and really don't need to wear brighter colors)

Old 08-25-2011, 07:59 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
This website gives a comprehensive history of teams by season, wearing white jerseys at home. The only team to have never worn white, to date, is the Seattle Seahawks.

http://www.uni-watch.com/research-pr...me-in-the-nfl/

Old 08-25-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Pretty much every Sunbelt city (and the Eagles and Redskins) wear white at home.

The Dolphins, Jaguars, Titans, Bucs, and Panthers wear white usually in the earlier part of the year since it's so hot.

The Redskins and Eagles wear white maybe because it's sort of an NFC East thing. The Giants are the only ones in the division who NEVER wear white at home.

And the Texans wear white at home because.... they're trying to be like the Cowboys? (As in, they play in an air conditioned, roofed stadium and really don't need to wear brighter colors)
The last time I remember the Giants wearing white at home was their season opener in 2000 against the Cardinals.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:10 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
However, some teams will wear white at home during the month of September (or early part of the season), when heat can still be a factor. I know the Panthers and Bucs will do that.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:43 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Interesting question! Packers are green for home, white for away. They wore green for SB as they were considered the home team. I prefer the green over the white, white is boring to me.
Green Bay has wore white at home only twice, which was back in 1988.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:47 PM

Chicago and Washington used to wear their white jerseys at home. The teams that do it most often are Dallas and Miami. The Buccaneers, Panthers, Saints, Eagles, Jets, Bills, Browns, Bengals, Chargers, Texans, Titans, and Jaguars also wear their jerseys at home. The Patriots and Rams have worn their white jerseys at home in the past. Arizona used to do it when they played outdoors. The Steelers never wore their white jerseys at home but they did it once as the home team in Super Bowl 40 against Seattle.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

Most of the year the Dolphins wear their white jerseys at home, because, as you said, it is hot during the season. The Redskins no longer wear their white jerseys at home but the Eagles still do but only about one or two games a year but that's about it. The Chicago Bears used to be the opposite in the NFC Central, they were they only ones that wore white jerseys at home while the rest of the NFC Central teams, including the Packers, wore their mostly colored jerseys although the Packers wore white jerseys at home only twice which happened in 1988. The Cowboys wear their white jerseys at home all year and the Browns did that in 2011 that they wore their white jerseys at home the entire season and this was the same situation for Tennessee last season. According to wikipedia, every current team has worn away jerseys at home in their history, except for the Seahawks. Since 1964 the Cowboys have worn their white jerseys at home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Away_c...#White_at_Home

Old 01-27-2016, 03:24 AM

Evidently, the Broncos have decided to wear their white jerseys for SB 50:

Broncos to wear white uniforms in Super Bowl 50
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football