Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 05:34 PM

613 posts, read 1,271,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
As a longtime Packers fan, I can tell you what I'd love to see. Packers-Patriots, a rematch of Super Bowl 31. The Cheatriots ... er, Patriots go into the Super Bowl at 18-0, and Brett Favre pulls out a last-second victory for the Packers ... let's say a desperation heave that Greg Jennings pulls down in the end zone as time runs out. The crowd goes nuts, the '72 Dolphins maintain their grasp on the record books, and Favre puts the final jewel in his crown and retires a champion.
that would be perfect...just perfect...but unfortunately i think the jags are going to beat the patriots in the playoffs ....its going to be the jags vs the packers ...hopefully with a just as dramatic packers win as you illustrated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 08:56 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,668,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
that would be perfect...just perfect...but unfortunately i think the jags are going to beat the patriots in the playoffs ....its going to be the jags vs the packers ...hopefully with a just as dramatic packers win as you illustrated
Ya know, I'm starting to think the Jags might be the team to finally end the Cheatriots' reign of terror. They look really good, and they're sneaking up on a lot of teams.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:12 PM

58 posts, read 229,310 times
I still think my colts have a good chance at going into foxboro(way I think it should be spelled)and beating the Patriots. The Patriots havent looked as good as early season form recently. It happens every year. Teams look awesome to start the season, then fall off a bit towards the playoffs. They will probably go 16-0, though, because they have a week last 2 games. Jacksonville and San Diego could bring some trouble to the Patriots in the playoffs.

In the NFC, I was thinking Dallas earlier, but now it clearly looks like Green Bay will do it. It would be cool to see Favre retire on top. Minnesota, Tampa, and Seattle could knock off one of the top 2 seeds(DAL,GB), though.

I say Colts-Packers in a classic duel between Manning and Favre.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:39 PM

326 posts, read 1,372,709 times
No Bucs at the Pro-Bowl. Lets see if they go to AZ.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:31 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,086,174 times
Nobody knows anything.................except me. Pats are and have been the favorite to win the Super Bowl, and you know what, they will! The Jags are the second best team in the NFL right now, and that is where they may finish in the AFC. Thanks for your time in reading this message.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:43 PM

262 posts, read 301,101 times
are we really still debating this. this conversation has been over since week 9 its the Pats there not gonna be idiots like other teams (colts) and rest there players with two weeks left in the season then have the bye week any way there gonna be 16-0 then there gonna be 19-0 no questions asked.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
are we really still debating this. this conversation has been over since week 9 its the Pats there not gonna be idiots like other teams (colts) and rest there players with two weeks left in the season then have the bye week any way there gonna be 16-0 then there gonna be 19-0 no questions asked.
There is someone who knows something! You are a smart one!!!!

Old 12-20-2007, 04:00 PM

240 posts, read 1,373,298 times
Default Another Pats fan-since 1972

Im here to join ya on this one. The only team even capable of giving us a difficult time will be the Colts when we match up in Foxboro for the AFC Championship. Bad weather will affect the Colts, except for the traitor #4.
Dallas vs. Green Bay NFC championship game. I'm undecided about this, alot willhave to do with any last minute injuries, Romo's thumb-his girlfriend etc...Pats win Supe handily. I'll go on a limb here, Pats win at least 2 of next 3 Super Bowls.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom62 View Post
Im here to join ya on this one. The only team even capable of giving us a difficult time will be the Colts when we match up in Foxboro for the AFC Championship. Bad weather will affect the Colts, except for the traitor #4.
Dallas vs. Green Bay NFC championship game. I'm undecided about this, alot willhave to do with any last minute injuries, Romo's thumb-his girlfriend etc...Pats win Supe handily. I'll go on a limb here, Pats win at least 2 of next 3 Super Bowls.
Hall of Famers, Incredible Yard Gainers, Players who don't get Cramps, Multiple Super Bowl Champs I'm starting to rhyme and I like it! How great it is to be a Pats fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:23 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,668,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
Well, as Chris Berman says, "That's why they play the games." Anything can happen. Who would have thought the Ravens would come within, what, 30 seconds of beating New England?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football