Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 07:48 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
If it's not a big deal, then why did Mr. Cool and Calm Tom Brady sound like a politician caught in a bribery scandal tripping over his words in the press conference? Just own up to it and be done with it.
Typical hater comment. You think they wanted to waste time talking about this crap with the game planning that needs to be done? You sound like the media - guilty until proven innocent, yet with no proof anywhere at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 08:07 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The Colts player who intercepted the ball, Jackson, reportedly was the one who said the ball felt soft and gave it to the equipment manager to start this process of Deflate Gate.

He was interviewed yesterday, and he said the only reason he took the ball to the sideline was to keep it - his 1st interception as a pro and against Brady. He said he never felt anything wrong with the ball, and wouldn't know the difference.

So now the NFL really has a mess on it's hands, and I still content this whole thing stinks.
There is so much bad information coming out - and the media is feeding right into it and creating a big frenzy.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:13 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
There is so much bad information coming out - and the media is feeding right into it and creating a big frenzy.
That's what they do best.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Also, don't the refs handle the ball during the game, and why didn't any of the refs question the balls during the 1st half?

Good question. And when they changed the balls at half and played with the correct pressured balls, the Pats outscored Indy 28-0. So clearly it wasn't a factor.

That said, being in Boston now, and listening to sports media and talking around town, no one. I mean no one, believes Belichick or Brady on this. They're micromanagers.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Good question. And when they changed the balls at half and played with the correct pressured balls, the Pats outscored Indy 28-0. So clearly it wasn't a factor.

That said, being in Boston now, and listening to sports media and talking around town, no one. I mean no one, believes Belichick or Brady on this. They're micromanagers.
Just more assumptions. Just because they are micromanagers does not equate to them knowing everything about everything. Why would Belichick even care about the balls? And I still believe that although Brady may micro manage the balls pre game, once the game starts I can't see how he even has time to think about the balls with everything else he has to worry about in the huddle and after the ball is snapped with the speed of the game.

And with Brady's 2nd half stats versus the 1st half, one "could" infer that the deflated balls were a set-up to make him play worse? Anyone can play the conspiracy and guessing game.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:57 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Just more assumptions. Just because they are micromanagers does not equate to them knowing everything about everything. Why would Belichick even care about the balls? And I still believe that although Brady may micro manage the balls pre game, once the game starts I can't see how he even has time to think about the balls with everything else he has to worry about in the huddle and after the ball is snapped with the speed of the game.

And with Brady's 2nd half stats versus the 1st half, one "could" infer that the deflated balls were a set-up to make him play worse? Anyone can play the conspiracy and guessing game.

Please. Belichick knows everything about everything. You can't go from being lauded and praised about knowing ever detail about the rulebook, but then he doesn't know anything about the rules and processes with the football. Sorry, can't have it both ways. I'm not, and most people aren't, that gullible.

And no one said anything about Brady doing anything in the game, or thinking about the balls during the game. He gave his instructions on which balls he wanted and how he wanted them.

I'm a big Pats fan, and lets not play the conspiracy game. That's bunk. Occam's Razor applies here. The balls were doctored post inspection. That's virtually 100% clear. Not by Brady or Belichick directly, no one is claiming that, but please, lets not pretend they didn't know and some equipment manager or ball boy did it on their own accord.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:58 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
Typical hater comment. You think they wanted to waste time talking about this crap with the game planning that needs to be done? You sound like the media - guilty until proven innocent, yet with no proof anywhere at this time.
That's understandable. It's also all the more reason to just say "yep, it happened" rather than pretend as an NFL quarterback that you're not inspecting and feeling the balls before the game.

Since the balls being underinflated due to "conditions" isn't that big of a deal anyway. Right?

Old 01-23-2015, 09:24 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
I think it's more likely than not that the Patriots cheated here. You just don't play at this level and not know these things. Brady knew, the receivers who caught his passes knew. Anyone who handled those deflated balls knew, including the officials. The officials who were neglectful in their duties, should be severely penalized. The Patriots should be forced to forfeit, giving the nod to the Colts. This can't be tolerated.

I'm a Pats fan, but don't like cheating.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Please. Belichick knows everything about everything. You can't go from being lauded and praised about knowing ever detail about the rulebook, but then he doesn't know anything about the rules and processes with the football. Sorry, can't have it both ways. I'm not, and most people aren't, that gullible.

And no one said anything about Brady doing anything in the game, or thinking about the balls during the game. He gave his instructions on which balls he wanted and how he wanted them.

I'm a big Pats fan, and lets not play the conspiracy game. That's bunk. Occam's Razor applies here. The balls were doctored post inspection. That's virtually 100% clear. Not by Brady or Belichick directly, no one is claiming that, but please, lets not pretend they didn't know and some equipment manager or ball boy did it on their own accord.
I understand Belichick's depth of knowledge. But in the case of the actual football, that is personal to the QB and kicker, so Belichick would leave that up to them to worry about a game ready ball. The everything about everything is just plain wrong. I own a company and have employees. I don't have the time to know everything so I must trust my employees. If something goes wrong, then I have a need to know about specific details I am entrusting to someone else. Sorry, but I totally believe Belichick on this one. He was now forced to learn about ball management because the assumption is IF cheating the system and an individual(s) failed. Any wrong doing here if perpetrated but the Patriots and is found out to be cheating would be on Brady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
That's understandable. It's also all the more reason to just say "yep, it happened" rather than pretend as an NFL quarterback that you're not inspecting and feeling the balls before the game.

Since the balls being underinflated due to "conditions" isn't that big of a deal anyway. Right?
At this time, I honestly don't know. I saw those pressers. I have no reason to believe either one of them are lying, yet. The next step is to wait and see the NFL's findings. If they find nothing, of course people will assume cover-up and still call the Patriots cheaters. If their investigation uncovers cheating, punishment will happen. And at this time, as everyone is assuming guilt before innocence, there could be a conspiracy against the Pats and this could be a setup. All pure guessing right now. I am not brushing this off, just admitting I don't have the facts yet so unlike most others I am not ready to jump to conclusions and jump on the media and hate bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I think it's more likely than not that the Patriots cheated here. You just don't play at this level and not know these things. Brady knew, the receivers who caught his passes knew. Anyone who handled those deflated balls knew, including the officials. The officials who were neglectful in their duties, should be severely penalized. The Patriots should be forced to forfeit, giving the nod to the Colts. This can't be tolerated.

A team conspiracy is hogwash. This isn't some grand scheme over something as stupid as a football. Believing that is about as naive as it gets. If the team was throwing a game together, then of course it would be a team effort. But beliefs like yours are so blinded by hate or anger or whatever that you sound more ridiculous then the debates going on right now. At this time, no one knows anything. The story already has holes in it with Jackson, the supposed whistle blower, saying he didn't whistle blow on anyone or notice anything about the ball. So he's lying now too? Please.

Why can't people just wait to assume guilt until the trial is over. Unreal how fueled hatred makes a stupid story like this compared to Water gate, and a guy like Aikman saying this is worse then Bounty Gate, where real people were getting physically hurt. It's comical listening to this rubbish. I'm not saying there aren't any improprieties, but right now who knows.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:45 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post

What do you say to teams that have played with players using PEDs? Should their wins be vacated? What happens if they won games using those players that allowed them to get to the playoffs?

Call me a homer, but the Colts do not deserve to play in the Super Bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football