Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 07:28 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Yes it has...

Honestly if Dion Lewis comes back healthy they don't even need to add another RB....maybe a late round draft pick if they want a big body....they will also have Develin back at full back next year, his absence hurt the running game clearly because they were a much better running team with him on the field
Good points. Dion was an exciting player. Hopefully the injury will not affect his play... Develin was the kind of valuable player that does not get noticed much... It will be great to get him back again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 09:12 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
Patriots preseason schedule just came out:
Week 1 vs New Orleans
Week 2 vs Chicago
Week 3 at Carolina
Week 4 at New York Giants

Old 04-30-2016, 12:22 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
Kevin Faulk is one of my all time favorite Pat's player's but he is now in whole other stratosphere ....coming out in the Brady Jersey and announcing the Pats pick as "The New England Patriots and Tom Brady select......" in front of Goodell was an all time classic move

Old 07-15-2016, 10:01 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Not surprised at how Deflategate ended. Money & power win, and Brady has both but not enough to beat the NFL and Goodell.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:01 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Not surprised at how Deflategate ended. Money & power win, and Brady has both but not enough to beat the NFL and Goodell.
It's an obvious zero-sum win for Goodell.

Hard to figure how any of the 32 owners think it's a win, though...

The intentional leaks to ESPN were false, the NFL has buried whatever pressure measurements it took during the 2016 season (for the rather obvious reason that the showed that those taken before the AFC title game 18 months ago were normal), and as a result one of its premier players is gone for a quarter of a season based on flimsy evidence for something (tampering) that has never before or since been treated by the NFL as something it gives a hoot about (ex: Aaron Rodgers laughing in an interview about how he likes having footballs inflated above the allowed amount, and how easy it is to get away with it).

Between this and the various other PR debacles under Goodell, why is he still employed?

Oh, right - the owners are making money today. And like always, the short-term dividend trumps the long-term health of the product.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:38 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times
Patriots nation should boycott the NFL for the first four weeks. Just watch the four Pats games. No other games; no Monday Night football, etc. See if the ratings are impacted...

Old 07-19-2016, 06:36 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
The non-Pats fans (oops, I mean haters) will see this whole thing as justice against the cheating Pats. Spygate (still misunderstood to this day) and Deflategate.

They will be blind to all of the improprieties since this whole thing began. As much as the outsiders say they smell cheat looking in at Deflategate, I look out and see lies and manipulation. The money & greed was so evident, one piece of proof that the NFL could spend $3 million on that piece of rubbish known as the Wells Report. How fines of $25,000 for equipment violations can somehow be turned into an integrity issue and have this outcome of a ridiculous suspension and fine. No one cares about the Ravens tipping off the Colts, and that technically the original ball in question was mishandled (per the rules) by the Cols prior to halftime. No one cares that the missing balls once found were allowed to go into play instead of the other set seeing official lost sight of them with knowledge this was an issue. No one cares for Brady's rights with his private information (phone) in a non legal case where he had no reason to turn it over. No one cares for science as evidence. No one sees guilty until proven innocent in this case. Goodell let this go outside the realm of the original infraction, WAY outside. He had to prove to the rest of the players that he, not the players, was in charge, and no better way than to lay down his law on arguably the face of the NFL.

Sure, I think mistakes were made on the Pats side. Kraft caved early and that set a bad tone. The phone destruction does look shady to a point. But it's evident to me that Goodell was out to prove his power to the other owners, and he thinks he won. I happen to love football and the Patriots. So what am I to do. Let Goodell destroy my love for the game? Sucky part is, I continue to watch football as I always have, and Goodell comes out the clear winner. And unless the entire Patriots fan base boycotted the NFL, nothing will happen to the money machine of the NFL.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:26 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The non-Pats fans (oops, I mean haters) will see this whole thing as justice against the cheating Pats. Spygate (still misunderstood to this day) and Deflategate.
Not really, I'm a lifelong JETs fan (since they were the Titans) which of course requires me to dislike the Pats and think waiting this long to make a decision was BS, IMO a decision should've been made immediately after it happened or the whole thing should've been forgotten.

Goodell seems well on the way to destroying the league.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:27 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Goodell seems well on the way to destroying the league.
So it seems. When he first came on, he was tough on some of the necessary rules needed to clean up the league, mainly drug use. Over the years, his "Suspensions" seems to be somewhat uneven. Why are certain players "Suspended" and others "banned"" for similar infractions?

While I admire his desire to promote the integrity of the game, he did go about the deflategate thing the wrong way. He needed to use his authority, if he truly has any, to keep it from dragging out this long.
Then again, I wonder how much of his "authority" sits in the pocketbooks of people like Jerry Jones and to a leser degree, Kraft?

Old 08-10-2016, 06:58 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
The season is upon us once again, and seems the Pats have dodged a couple of serious injuries early on. Let's hope for a healthy year and another SB run......GO PATS!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football