Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2016, 10:52 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times

Advertisements

I think things look up for the Pats overall.

Getting Lewis and Solder back should be huge. Lewis was looking really good before he was lost for the season. It doesn't seem like there are two many key free agents on the defense? This unit is on the up swing overall. Maybe the secondary is the most vulnerable part but they are by no means bad.

I thought it was interesting how many passes James White saw thrown his way in the AFC Championship game. Particularly in the second half. At least three were downfield sideline shots. None completed though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 04:55 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
They could be saving those results for the appeal. Or trying to figure out an explanation around them for the appeal. Regardless, if those test were very damning, it seems the appeal would be dropped. Personally, they should probably just drop the appeal vs bringing all this back up into view... I think both parties come off looking bad either way.
They don't need the results for the appeal, the appeal process has nothing to do with the "crime" that the NFL fabricated at this point, it only hinges on judicial protocol nothing else.

As many have said and I have agreed with from the beginning, if the "study" the NFL has done goes on to show what anyone with a TPM in their car knows already, footballs get soft when the temperature drops then those results will never see the light of day....

Only way the results get released is if they bolster the NFL case not if they embarrass the league further.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Let's look forward to 2016 season. The Pats need to:

- Get everyone back that they want back healthy
- Draft a couple of offensive linemen
- Get a deep threat WR that can hang on to the ball. Other than Randy Moss, Brady has not had a star deep threat WR. With Edelman, Gronk, and someone like that on the field, Brady will even more effective
- Work on the running game. Not as the primary attack mode, but get running plays in there such as the ones Deon Lewis was making in the first half of the season. Also have Steve Jackson or LeGarrette Blount as the big back...
I don't even know that they need to draft much on the offensive line, they need a swing tackle because clearly Cannon is not the answer. Get Solder back and move Vollmer back to the right side where he belongs and that cures a lot of the ills right there, they have good young depth at guard and center.

I agree on the deep threat, Lafell was a disappointment this season after being a very good option last season. What I don't want to see is Belichick drafting a WR, that NEVER works out well, hopefully they can find some free agent help...

Running game is big, Jackson was a short term bandaid and Blount wasn't tearing it up before he got hurt. Lewis is a 3rd down back ideally, I hope to see the Pats go after a lead RB early rounds of the draft.

The OL was terrible in the AFCG but a lot of that comes with being one dimensional, no running game to fear you can tee off on the QB and thats what we saw. Getting a young big back would take more of the pressure off Brady then anything they do to the offensive line.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:13 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The NFL is not going to release the data for that game, or any of the other games they tested during the season because it will make them look like even more stupid than they already did after deflategate.
Check out @ProFootballTalk's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...56048913735680

Old 02-03-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Check out @ProFootballTalk's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...56048913735680
As anticipated, NFL isn't going to release any data....

Guess we know what it showed because otherwise they would be shouting it from the rooftops.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:23 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I guess that had something to do with the Deflategate Scandal.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:31 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I guess that had something to do with the Deflategate Scandal.
Goodell needs this setup in public to help him when the Deflategate appeal process starts up soon. He thinks it will make him look good. He's a scumbag.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:13 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Pats just said goodbye to O-line coach DeGuglielmo.....think they should pull Scarnecchia outta retirement.
Sounds like this could actually happen......Scar may be coming out of retirement.

News Blitz 2/10: More Scarnecchia thoughts | New England Patriots

Old 02-10-2016, 06:16 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Looking ahead to next season's schedule, it should be a tough one. Here's a list of the opponents"

Home
Buffalo
New York Jets
Miami
Seattle
Los Angeles
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Houston

Away
Buffalo
New York Jets
Miami
San Francisco
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Denver

Some tough road trips - Arizona, Pittsburgh and Denver, as well as some tough teams at home - Seattle and Cincinnati.

While it's very early to make predictions, I don't see why they should not hit at least 10 wins next year.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:25 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
I'm not ready to make any calls yet. If Dante Scarnecchia is guaranteed, I think the O-Line will get a much needed makeover. I believe that was the difference this season, the weak play of the O-Line. Of course who knows exactly what caused the Pats to get only so far, but my observation says the O-Lines percentage of guilt is the highest.

With a healthy Brady, again we can only wait until next year to see how his body is holding up. We've seen nothing the believe he won't come back an elite "old" QB, meaning top 5 in the league elite. So I would think 10 wins is a good bet. If they address the back position that would help. Need a bruiser even if Deon Lewis comes back fine next year.

Without the 1st round draft pick, we'll see how the Pats approach the draft and free agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football