Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 01:00 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloslevy View Post
I did it on 10/10/99 and lived to tell about it.
Denver had just won its second Super Bowl. I sat in between my two Raiders fan cousins in the upper level because we were explicitly advised to avoid the Black Hole at all costs (people have been stabbed there).
I only had to endure an empty beer cup thrown at me, a few minor threats and someone call me a racial epithet for people of Hispanic descent (which is strange because a significant part of the Raiders fan base is Hispanic).
Denver won 16-13 .

I'd like to visit Foxboro someday. I love the city of Boston. The old Garden was fantastic.
I think the key as a visiting fan is to be courteous and respectful, and not run the mouth incessantly and troll the home fans.

Looking forward to Sunday's epic duel, go BRONCOS!
You're in the wrong thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 01:53 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
You're in the wrong thread
YES!

I'll do a little deleting here in a bit, just a reminder that while talking about unruly fans is certainly a worthy topic, an existing thread would be the best place to put those comments. the Patriots team thread is for specifics for Patriot fans; Sunday's game, injury reports, etc., etc.

Thanks.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:23 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Like this.............GO PATS!!!!!

Old 01-21-2016, 05:42 PM

So who's gonna win?

Brady's record in Denver says Denver.
Denver's #1 defense says Denver.
Peyton's last hurrah says Denver.

Those are all past stats. Wonderful for lunchroom conversation.

Brady, Belichick, the Patriots following up lasts years Super Bowl with all of the garbage that surrounded them came into this year with a vengeance. If Deon Lewis, Edelman, Gronk and Blount stayed healthy (which I know in football is a tall order to stay healthy an entire season), couldn't you easily imagine another 16-0 regular season? Edelman has a game under his belt to get his timing back. Losing Mayo was tough, especially with Collins and Hightower knocked up.

Tom Brady. He's been on a mission his entire career. This year he raised the bar. When everyone went down, and the team started losing a few, his demeanor was different than I expected. Frustrated yes, but calm. No panic. Not over compensating. Just trying to work through things with the revolving door of players. We all want to believe the mission is against the NFL & Goodell. I think that's just more coffee room chatter. Tom Brady does care very much about winning and legacy, but he keeps the team first and not personal goals. Those follow with his hard work off the field and mentoring on the field.

Of course I believe the PAtriots are going all the way and repeating this year. I'm a fan. I'm nervous too of course, but Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are just that special. They are the epitome of winning in the NFL, best tandem in the history of the game. Yeah, fans outside of New England would love to see Peyton go out on top. Well, he will, on top of the Bronco he rides off on this Sunday top the golf course Brady sends him too.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
I just hope it is a good game.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:51 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
I say Pats 27-10

They should have won the first game if not for a muffed punt which happened because our two top receivers who are also the two top punt returners were not there

Brady passed for 3 TD's without Edelman, Amendola and no Gronk for the last drive to tie the game. I would actually be more worried if Brock were playing but under Manning Denver won't be able to generate enough offense to keep up with the Pats and if we have both Hightower and Collins available and shut down the run forcing Manning to throw it could get ugly really quick

Old 01-21-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I say Pats 27-10

They should have won the first game if not for a muffed punt which happened because our two top receivers who are also the two top punt returners were not there

Brady passed for 3 TD's without Edelman, Amendola and no Gronk for the last drive to tie the game. I would actually be more worried if Brock were playing but under Manning Denver won't be able to generate enough offense to keep up with the Pats and if we have both Hightower and Collins available and shut down the run forcing Manning to throw it could get ugly really quick
Not sure if the spread will be that wide.

As with most games leading up to this, I still think it's the O-Line or bust. Denver's defense is #1 for a reason. They get to Brady, and all bets may be off if he has no time to throw, even a quick slant to Edelman. And I still fear Edelman's timing even with the great game he had against KC. He almost batted a missed pass up to be intercepted, to me the highest risk with those quick slants.

I do agree that if our D shows up with the pass rush and sacks like they did all year, Manning will suffer the same as Brady could (my comment above).

Old 01-21-2016, 08:20 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Not sure if the spread will be that wide.

As with most games leading up to this, I still think it's the O-Line or bust. Denver's defense is #1 for a reason. They get to Brady, and all bets may be off if he has no time to throw, even a quick slant to Edelman. And I still fear Edelman's timing even with the great game he had against KC. He almost batted a missed pass up to be intercepted, to me the highest risk with those quick slants.

I do agree that if our D shows up with the pass rush and sacks like they did all year, Manning will suffer the same as Brady could (my comment above).
Brady hung 24 on Denver this season without Edelman or Amendola....unlikely to do worse with them. Denver d didn't get to Brady without his 2 best outlet receiver highly unlikely the rush gets home with those 2 back

Timing isn't an issue Edelman showed that last week, he had the drops early but timing was never an issue and won't be Sunday Brady and Edelman have been doing their thing far too long.

As for Manning it isn't an issue getting to Manning its stopping the run that will be the key. Manning will be handing off all day unless Pats get a big lead

Pats online is average, Brady makes it look better getting ball out quick which will be the case again Sunday

Old 01-21-2016, 09:18 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
Interesting read on Brady. A lot of info in their about him that I never knew. I'm not a Pats follower, so a lot of stuff in the article may be common knowledge among fans of his.
New England Patriots QB Tom Brady's big reveal

Old 01-21-2016, 10:57 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
My uncle and cousin made the trip out to Arrowhead last season (the last NFL stadium they had not visited) and had to endure a ton of harassment from Chief fans. One woman got in the Uncle's face and told him to go f himself for wearing a Brady jersey.

Needless to say, stuff like this happens ALL of the time. I've gone into opposing teams' stadiums wearing Patriots/Red Sox/Bruins/Celtics gear and have been harassed. I expect and know it will happen, it comes with the territory.
Yea, I think the bigger issue is they were in the upper deck where fans are much more rowdy. I know they are at Arrowhead anyway. It seems like the demographics are a bit different and people get more drunk up in the upper decks and cheaper seats.

I have not been to many NFL games as an opposing fan. I have been to nearly all the MLB stadiums in Royals gear (including Fenway), but MLB fans are a little more civilized IMO (other than Red Sox/Yankees etc). We did watch the Chiefs play in Baltimore this year (lower deck) and the fans were fine. However, if the Ravens were playing better and we were in the upper deck, things might have been different.

I agree, I'm sure this happens in all stadiums. I was just a bit surprised that they got so much trouble considering one of them was a Pats fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football